`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
used redemptions for sale?!

used redemptions for sale?!
I've been seeing a lot of auctions on the bay lately for already used redemption cards. Although I realize the seller has the right to put them up for sale, and they are being honest...I just don't see the point. It's not like the redemption cards have a picture of the player on the card, it's just words. The most ridiculous part, though, is that people are bidding on them.

Just wanted to put that one out there!

RE: used redemptions for sale?!
Yup, its mind boggling to say the least
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

New PC...all used and expired redemptions of Ken Griffey Jr!!!!!!!!!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(02-21-2013, 12:27 PM)zaccheus85 Wrote: New PC...all used and expired redemptions of Ken Griffey Jr!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody needs a hobby.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(02-21-2013, 11:37 AM)kstjst Wrote: The most ridiculous part, though, is that people are bidding on them.

Just wanted to put that one out there!
Probably a good number of them aren't reading the description properly. They probably think they're bidding on an actual unused redemption card. There were several times that I almost put a bid on one that wasn't so clearly stated. There were other bidders, too ... Figured nobody would bid on an expired one, right?
Late at night, after a beer or three even the best of us could get fooled into it. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I watch some of those auctions just to get a laugh. A used Harper red auto redemption ended at something like 86 bucks the other day. Just a useless piece of cardboard.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

lol ya i have seen some of those. The ones i saw were like already used but only 10 of these were made so its very rare lol. Some people are so stupid
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

I was looking at one and like the old adage, if its too good to be true.....I looked closer and bingo.

There are some people that are master set builders and feel they need them redeemed or not. I know it sounds stupid but it is true.

an pujols one from 2012 triple threads just went for 110! that was crazy! i watched just to see who dumb one can be, i believe it got 7 bidders
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]