`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
$42,300.00 ...............

RE: $42,300.00 ...............
NO WAY will this be paid for... NO WAY...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Why does everyone assume an auction was shilled because it sold for a lot? There were SIX DIFFERENT bidders that bid more than $40k. Maybe the top bidder won't come through on payment, but this will definitely be purchased for an absurd amount of money by one of those 6.

Yeah theres no way that it gets paid for, Im from Indy and am a big fan of Luck but thats insaine!! Unless its Andrew Luck himself that was in a bidding war with RG3 for it!! LOL

There aren't many "new" cards if any that are worth half that.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

I'm curious too to see if this gets paid. The winner will probably be disappointed in it's condition though. Although it's a one of one, it's got a lot of scratches on it. The seller did post the pictures, but still...

But, if you guys are thinking that the buyer will lose money on it, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

1) If it's a shop, then it gets free publicity;
2) If it's a company like Leaf...then they get free publicity;
3) If the buyer turns around and strikes a deal with Leaf for them to add to one of their "Best of" brands, then both the buyer and Leaf gets free publicity.

My bet is option #3.

(02-21-2013, 09:23 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Why does everyone assume an auction was shilled because it sold for a lot? There were SIX DIFFERENT bidders that bid more than $40k. Maybe the top bidder won't come through on payment, but this will definitely be purchased for an absurd amount of money by one of those 6.
I agree. Not sure why everybody always thinks something cant be sold for a lot of money. There are a ton of people out there that have a lot of money and people have shown they are willing to pay it. Look at all the inserts in basketball just from 10 years ago. So why in the world cant this Luck sell for this much considering all the hype he generated before the season started and then he actually backed it up. Of course these things get shilled because it got a ton of publicity and a-hole people just like to go bid on things since there isnt any punishment for it but why cant it actually sell for a lot? Strasburg did. Kobe does. Jordan does. So why not Lucks potentially best rc card?
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

No matter what the real highest bid was there are a whole lot of people with way more money than sense. Of course, if the buyer is a billionaire paying $42,000 for a card is about like a normal person paying $4.

(02-20-2013, 11:14 PM)sevans1979 Wrote: I know one thing. If I sold this card for this much I would hand deliver it. I wouldnt trust the PO with that lol. At the least UPS overnight.
United states postal service is the safest way to ship. The "hope diamond" was shipped registered mail through the mail system. One of the most secure ways to ship.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(02-22-2013, 09:08 PM)robsvideos Wrote: United states postal service is the safest way to ship. The "hope diamond" was shipped registered mail through the mail system. One of the most secure ways to ship.
Is this meant to be a Joke? USPS loses stuff all the time. I would send it very well protected by Fedex or UPS overnight. Signature Required and very well insured.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(02-22-2013, 11:36 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Is this meant to be a Joke? USPS loses stuff all the time. I would send it very well protected by Fedex or UPS overnight. Signature Required and very well insured.
I agree. Heck I just sent some very high end cards last saturday and the tracking shows that it sat at the post office for 5 days before it left. And Im not positive they actually left yet because there hasnt been an update.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

The cheaper you pay for postage, the most likely it will sit. Priority mail and express take precedence. Only if there is room for the cheaper packages will it be moved. Regardless of tracking. Tracking doesnt mean quick service. You get what you pay for. Its still cheaper then the private deliver companies. And i never joke abouf mail. Its my job and i take it very seriously.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16