`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
A better way to post pics (and a way around the image limit on the boards)

A better way to post pics (and a way around the image limit on the boards)
2 issues killed with one stone:

1. the image limit on the boards is a real pain in the patoot. this will work as a solution around that - even if you want to post 1000 images at one time

2. this solution will also provide a cleaner look to posting your pictures. one of my pet peeves with people posting their collections and maildays on the boards is how inconsistent it looks, how the bigger pics will make me scroll side to side. also, it is really hard to get a good look at a lot of cards at once

the solution? image mapping

an image map is one big jpeg, that you can click on different points and be directed to different links. so, if you have an image of all your cards side by side, you can link to a direct image of each card within that jpeg

the basic process is this: scan your cards. use an editor - it can be as simple as ms paint - to put the cards together in a way that is clean.. host both the individual card images and the "big picture" to a photohosting site (i prefer imageshack.us, most of you like photobucket). take the "big picture" link, and go to an online image map website (or you can download a image map tool. also, i believe photoshop has something you can use). i personally use www.image-maps.com because it is really easy to use

so, here is what it looks like:

you can click on any of the cards, and it will lead you to a bigger image of that card

let me know what yall think

RE: A better way to post pics (and a way around the image limit on the boards)
Pretty clever. Thanks for the tip.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

basically, it thumbnails. but since we cant do thumbnails on the boards (image limit)...this

i really think it wil help super collectors show off their collections in a cleaner way as well

I love it. Looks so much cleaner. I'm definitely going to use it. Thanks for the info!

Too much trouble for me, not interested. Thanks for the post, though. I may use it on other things I have a fancy for.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Links broken for me.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

all links working for me, two different browsers

Thanks man! Hate it when my "patoot" hurts Smile
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!