`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what was the best Jordan you ever owned

RE: what was the best Jordan you ever owned
This is my best MJ, picked it up about a year ago.
Happy 50th to the Greatest player of all time.

[Image: MJArtifactsAutofacts.jpg]

Here is the best MJ i currently own. Legacy collection \100.

[Image: C20541BE-9C81-4331-AF06-9AE9BC2F0063-491...F75205.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Good thread.

[Image: pcpc_0001.jpg]

Here are my better MJs.... nothing really compared to the things I have seen posted.
The BGS 9.5 UNC one on the top left, I just moved in a card/cash deal. That was the first time I got rid of an MJ auto.

I can't believe I got rid of an MJ auto really. The newest generation of collectors don't value MJ as much as we did. They didn't watch him play. Kind of how our generation forgot how great Bill Russell was while we watched Jordan. Today Lebron is making these young collectors forget MJ in the same way.

The is not a debate for the GOAT.....and I know some other MJ fan ( I like MJ myself) will call the statement above "blasphemy", then mention all of Jordan's accolades and what he did for the NBA from a marketing standpoint.

I am just stating the facts and if you value Jordan still more than Lebron, Durant, or Rose (before he got hurt), chances are that you are approaching 30 years old if not there already. I would love to hear from you old timers (LOL) on this and any young collectors that may still chase MJ.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Great cards and great responses you guys!!

I agree with you...and that's how it should be. The best player ever will never be determined...different times, different rules, different players, etc. And LeBron is doing amazing things, which, the "now" generation will be touting as "the best there ever was."

(02-21-2013, 11:21 AM)got watcha want Wrote: Good thread.

The newest generation of collectors don't value MJ as much as we did. They didn't watch him play. Kind of how our generation forgot how great Bill Russell was while we watched Jordan. Today Lebron is making these young collectors forget MJ in the same way.

This is a hard question. For some reason, the favorite card is rarely the most valuable. I guess it also depends on when you ask the question. Right now, I would say that my favorite card is this one:

[Image: Winning.jpg]

A card with 2 game used pieces and a limited autograph is hard to beat for those of us who like the proximity to the great man himself.
[Image: Sig_zps7c9cccea.jpg]

For some reason, i cannot post only one Smile
[Image: F13882C2-88BF-4C95-AD12-ECD19F0A482A-316...148DB0.jpg]
[Image: e7a770f0.jpg]

That center auto with the trophy patch is fantastic! Where did the PSA graded Star come from? I thought only BGS graded those cards?
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(02-21-2013, 04:01 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: That center auto with the trophy patch is fantastic! Where did the PSA graded Star come from? I thought only BGS graded those cards?
Old PSA before they stop grading it

Some pretty awesome cards in the thread. Mine is not the most original but it is classic and has sentimental value. I actually bought this card back in the early 90's while I was in high school. It was sitting at my LCS for a while. My older brother and I saved up $350 which was an unreal amount to spend on cardboard for us at the time and finally bought the card.

I always loved the card and kept it safe even when I stopped collecting cards later in high school, through college and grad school. I didn't get back into collecting until after I got married 5 years ago. I always thought it was a legit card since I got it so long ago but I could never be sure so I decided to get it graded. I took the plunge and submitted to Beckett. I was on pins and needles for weeks until the submission finally got posted online. When I saw the results I couldn't wait to get it back in the mail. Best mailday ever!

I'll never trade or sell the card and I will probably pass it on to my son when he's old enough to apprectiate it. That's the story. Thanks for reading. Hopefully my picture works. It's the first time I've tried posting a scan here.

[Image: MichaelJordanBGS9_zpsa5f2bde9.jpeg]

It's been a while since I last posted this, but my Best Jordan wasn't pulled or purchased. In fact, it's not even a card. It's been almost 15 years since we got this picture, got it signed, then got the jersey signed.

Picture taken & signed in 1998

Photobucket

Jersey signed in 1999

Photobucket

Framed together with a Jordan Star RC, this piece is the gift that keeps on giving. It won Beckett's Coolest Autographed Item contest a few years ago. The prize was a Ben Gordon Auto card.

Photobucket