`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how would you spend 300$

RE: how would you spend 300$
With $300, you buy things no one wants in your part of the world for cheap, sell it to other parts of the country that do for a profit, and buy the MJ auto.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Check out some of the MJ inserts...most. have dipped in price. Buy now before they go up. After all, 50th b-day comes around once.

Figured I would bring some closure to this thread... I wasn't patient and the money was burning a hole in my pocket. A little bit more than 300.

- Lebron James Chrome RC BGS 9.5 ($171)
- 1988 Fleer Set Mint (Stockon, Pippen, Rodman, Miller RC's) (55$)
- Lebron james Fleer Tradition BGS 9.5 (31$)
- Lebron James Topps Contemporary RC (50$)
- Bosh Chrome RC Refractor BGS (25$)
- Austin Rivers Green Prizm BGS 9.5 (25$)
- 2006 Chrome Set (Rondo RC) (21$)

(03-18-2013, 11:28 AM)Stackfan Wrote: - Lebron James Chrome RC BGS 9.5 ($171)
Nice Pickup. I have been looking at some PSA 10's and haven't been able to touch one for less than $275
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

You can always buy a "poor man's" MJ auto. Those would be in his college or Wizards uni...

(03-18-2013, 12:07 PM)briankort Wrote: Nice Pickup. I have been looking at some PSA 10's and haven't been able to touch one for less than $275

Yeah, I'm kicking myself because earlier in the season the BGS 9.5 were going for 100-125...and mid season they jumped up in value to 175-225$ and up! Rarely have these sold under 170 the past couple months. Figured I better buy it now, or forever hold my peace. I know it's about personal preference, but I don't understand how PSA 10's sell for that much higher than BGS 9.5. I like PSA for more vintage cards, and BGS for modern cards. I missed a Lebron triple dimension RC BGS 9 for like 35$... that would have been a nice pickup too.

I thought a Jordan in wizards or NC uniform. I'd have to be a nice clean cut card to go non-bulls. I didn't see anything in the 300-400$ range I liked.

On the Kyrie issue, just remember he is a point guard. When was the last PG to have and hold super high value?
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I would change it into 1s and go to the strip club and then get one of the strippers to give you some "game used merchandise." They would probably autograph it to if they could spell their own name.

(02-18-2013, 12:54 AM)Stackfan Wrote: well, ive been saving up and selling cards on ebay to buy more high end cards. originally i really wanted a mj auto, but having a hard time justifying spending 450-500 on that. that being said i was thinking maybe investing in kobe/lebron chrome rcs. other cards on my radar are a lew alcindor rc, and bird/magic autos. already have mj, bird,magic,dr j rookies.

what would you buy with it? any suggestions?

thanks!
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

Maybe consider these:
Underrated card: 1997 Topps Stars Reprint Autographs George Mikan (avg. $100)
A dual Magic/Bird autograph card (can get the 1994 Hoops for about $150, BUT GET IT GRADED!)
92-93 Shaquille O'Neal Stadium Club Beam Team Rookie Year (tops $65)

And if you are looking to get a Jordan autograph, try to get a good one of a regualar card that was signed at his camp with the UDA sticker and COA. I got a 1996 SPX Record Breaker about 10 years ago for about $300. If you get one ungraded and get it graded then you have a huge turnaround. Just seen a regular card of Jordan 1997-98 SPX that was signed at his camp and GRADED A 7!!!!! go for around $700 (mine is now PSA graded 9.).

probably use to to buy one of the more higher end cards that i want i.e. Kobe topps chrome rc or lebron topps chrome rc refractor. then depending if i have anything left over look into buying 1 or 2 of the lower end cards i want.

[Image: LqvsVQD.png]