Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Panini Replacements...Let me know what you think
Shocked 
Panini Replacements...Let me know what you think
I called Panini on Tuesday regarding 6 cards I put in for redemption that went past the 8 month mark, and asked for replacements. Today , I checked the site and they sent out all 6 cards via FEDEX today. Let me know what you guys think of the replacements. I plan on selling them anyway to get cards for my 2012 Sterling Gold Set. Originals are listed first with the replacement below them.

2011 Panini Limited Material Monikers Chuck Howley Auto 50
- instead-
2011 National Treasures Rick Casares Auto /25

2011 Limited Gold Monikers Aldon Smith Auto /25
-instead-
2011 Playoff Contenders Demarco Murray Auto

2011 Playoff Contenders Julio Jones Auto
-instead-
2012 Panini Absolute Tools of the Trade Black Prime Materials Signature Dwayne Bowe Auto /10

2010 Classics Platinum Significant Signatures Visanthe Shiancoe Auto /5
-instead-
2011 Timeless Treasures Signature Gold Kenny Britt /15

2011 Prime Signatures Gold Aldon Smith Auto /49
-instead-
2011 Panini Playbook Greg Little Booklets Gold /49

2011 Prime Signatures Gold Jimmy Smith Auto /49
-instead-
2011 Prime Signatures Ryan Matthews Gold Auto /25

Im not really that happy. If Panini would have checked my redemption history, this will be my second Ryan Matthews in a matter of months.

Also, I was told by a Panini Rep that Julio and Aldon have been slacking on their signatures for months and it could be another "Colston and Upper Deck" situation, where it could take years for you to receive your cards.

I'd appreciate your input
[Image: child_please_banner_49ers_zps677193f9.jpg]

RE: Panini Replacements...Let me know what you think
If none of the originals were PC and you are just looking at selling them, generally I think you did about right with the except of the Julio Jones auto being replaced by a Bowe (even if it is /10). You didn't do great, but I don't think you got ripped to bad either.

Not sure about the Howley and Casares but I think Murray Contenders would sell about the same as the Aldon Smith /25 auto (or better) being a pretty popular Cowboys RB for a defensive player (even a top one like Smith). I think the Britt /15 would probably sell for more than the Shiancoe /5; the Greg Little about the same as the Smith and the Matthews about the same as the Smith (if not a bit more).

I do think the Bowe and Jones is a big difference though.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

Last time Panini sent me a replacement, they gave me extra autos, so Im hoping they throw a few in to try and break even.
[Image: child_please_banner_49ers_zps677193f9.jpg]

If they didn't let you pick them, then I say FAIL in every case.
Other than the Kenny Britt, and maybe the Demarco, you made out worse in every replacement.

This kind of kills me though - I waited 15 months for a Demarco Murray auto before I asked for replacement. They said they didnt have any of his autos to replace it with. This was less than a month ago so I doubt they got the Contender in since then. And I only got a response after I filed a complaint with the BBB.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

U know this brings up a valid point! I've never heard of ANYONE getting something good or should i say "equal or less" in value on these redemptions and was happy! I mean i always see "Junk", to be blunt! Like if i'm expecting a QB,RB or WR, my redemption ends up being an offensive tackle! REALLY?? Especially after an 6-8 month wait!!?? Come on now, u can do better than that! I'm not saying it has to be "what i want" but seriously compare what your sending out to what card that was expected! What does anyone else think?
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

i agree.. like take julio jones.. if his redemption is worth 60$ why would you want say(hypathetically) a matt khalil that books 60$? Youd want a player as premier as julio jones obviously.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Yea, I'm now on 11 months waiting for Marcell Dareus... really? Frigin' A! Send me anyone... they are bound to be better than Marcell Dareus!

Yea Jeremy Shockey's RC i waited a little over 13 months, and got a David Polluck! WHO? lol
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(02-14-2013, 09:23 PM)usafshelland Wrote: Yea, I'm now on 11 months waiting for Marcell Dareus... really? Frigin' A! Send me anyone... they are bound to be better than Marcell Dareus!
Me too! I even called...no help
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.