`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on future HOF's

RE: Opinions on future HOF's
I don't think there's any way Jim Thome doesn't get in. One of the very few power hitters from the '90's who was never linked to PED's. Plus, he's in the 500 HR club. He was pretty consistent his entire career; never really faced any glaring injury issues like other players, and was a class act all the way. I think the only knock is that he had his best years in Cleveland, which, living in the city, I understand it's not the appeal of an LA or New York. But a HOF career is a HOF career in my opinion.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

(02-16-2013, 12:59 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the problem with this argument is that ozzie smith has no business being in the HOF. one mistake doesnt justify making another
Again, baseball is more than just offensive stats. Some average fans I guess don't realize or appreciate that. Ozzie belongs, and sooner or later Omar will get in as well. You don't win around a dozen Gold Gloves for no reason. And when you do win that many, it proves you're pretty much the top of your position defensively for over a decade. There isn't ONE not one player thats not in the hall of fame that has more hits than Omar other than a few steroids users. I'm not saying he will be anywhere near first ballot but he'll get in.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Question for everyone: Does Roger Maris finally get in?
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(02-16-2013, 01:25 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Again, baseball is more than just offensive stats. Some average fans I guess don't realize or appreciate that. Ozzie belongs, and sooner or later Omar will get in as well. You don't win around a dozen Gold Gloves for no reason. And when you do win that many, it proves you're pretty much the top of your position defensively for over a decade. There isn't ONE not one player thats not in the hall of fame that has more hits than Omar other than a few steroids users. I'm not saying he will be anywhere near first ballot but he'll get in.
gold gloves are not a good measurement of defensive ability. jeter has multiple gold gloves.

ozzie was a very good - and very flashy - shortstop. he wasnt the best of all time, by far. id take vizquel defensively over ozzie
(02-16-2013, 01:30 PM)beginesj Wrote: Question for everyone: Does Roger Maris finally get in?
why would he?

I didn't say he was the best ever. However he was the best defensive shortstop during HIS playing time. Which got him in the hall of fame. Back in the 80's players weren't nearly as good at fielding at they are today. So just because Derek Jeter might be around the same as Ozzie defensively by the numbers, it doesn't compare because they are different era's. Since Ozzie was top notch fielding wise during his era, he gets in.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

why would he?
[/quote]

Why not. I think if he can do a feat that was so impressive that the bat he used has to be display at the hall why cant he make it in?
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Begin: seasonal accomplishments are something baseball should and do celebrate by displaying the uniform or bat of the person who did it. But one season does not make you a HOF member. And if I remember correctly Maris's career was quite short comparably with others.
I would really like to see thome get in. I don't think baseball or its writers should punish a player for him eventually taking the one position in the lineup THEY created to finish thier careers. Also believe Edgar Martinez belongs and I'm not saying that as a mariners fan.
no org, please do not send trade requests

(02-16-2013, 01:56 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: Begin: seasonal accomplishments are something baseball should and do celebrate by displaying the uniform or bat of the person who did it. But one season does not make you a HOF member. And if I remember correctly Maris's career was quite short comparably with others.
I hear this argument all the time. I agree with argument however I have a different outlook. I think that his single season HR record is enough accomplishment to baseball to allow him into the Hall.

I see your arguement, but I'm a little more picky along with the writers i suppose on this one. He DOES have his name and equipment in the hall for the amazing season he had, but when it comes to longevity and span of career I just don't see it. I do see your point though. Its completely up to the veterans committee at this point and if it hasn't happened by now, i highly doubt it will. but you never know.

what about a guy like billy wagner, trevor hoffman. you know a guy like riveras going to make it for his mostly one inning of work over the last 20 years. what about these two guys who were just as dominant in there time

no org, please do not send trade requests

I think Hoffman will be a lock, Robinson Cano is someone that hasn't been mentioned yet. I think he is on pace to have a HOF career.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]