`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Grading and value questions.

RE: Grading and value questions.
thanks for all the helpful advice! just makes me nervous now to take these cards and just send them out in the mail! this has been really helpful, thanks!

Grading your card wont necessarily make it worth more. The values you see in beckett are based on cards that would basically be considered an 8. But getting a card graded a 9 technically would make it more valuable according to beckett and some cards even have graded values you can see for popular ones but many people dont like graded cards less than a 9.5 so if you decided to sell a card graded a 9, its very likely it will bring in less than it would if it wasnt graded at all. Its kind of messed up but dont read into beckett values too much because its just a guide. A huge majority of cards on beckett only sell for like half of their value. Then others sell for over beckett value but the price is never adjusted. You really just have to use common sense when valuing your cards.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Dont be nervous. Ive sent in over 30 submissions and havent had a problem yet. Just get insurance to cover them if anything should happen.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I have to be honest its always nice to have a new person joining the hobby and not knowing what to do because A. you will see a ton of members willing to help and B. I can share what I know lol.

First off I like you even though I dont know you because you have a Marino RC in your collection. lol. EVERYONE should have 1 in my opinion. Secondly the centering on your Marino RC is off and I say its not worth grading it especially when you stated the corners are soft. The only reason for you to grade it would just be protection but sadly Marino Rcs have dropped in value and can be had for $20ish on eBay so dropping $10 more just for a case isnt worth it. Thirdly, I once had a $1000 BGS submission accidentally sent to someone in CA (I live in IL) and while customer service responded to me when I brought up the issue they never offered a refund or even coupons for my next possible submission. Luckily for me the person they sent my cards to sent the cards to me. Insurance wouldnt have helped either. Insurance is through Fedex and not Beckett. Perhaps there is a legal technicality that I wouldve still been insured but I cant say for sure. The odds of that happening again is low but still creeps into my mind when submitting to BGS. Fourthly (yes Im still counting haha) on card autos are better than sticker autos. Sticker autos are nice but knowing the player touched the card at some point boosts the value imo. Plus some players sign sloppy and if the auto runs off the sticker it lowers the auto grade. Finally, DO NOT COLLECT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES!!! No matter what you will always lose money in this hobby. Its just part of it. Collect the team, player, set, product you like for fun and for no other reasons. Back in 1999 a BGS 9.5 Marino RC booked for $2200 and today its down to $800 and all he has done since then is join the Hall Of Fame!!!!!

Welcome to the site and good luck!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(02-17-2013, 02:32 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: and all he has done since then is join the Hall Of Fame!!!!!
And hide a child lol Sorry I had to lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Well all my Favre collecting paid off too lol. (Actually I think most of the stuff dropped in value) I have just about every rookie (including the '92 that I got on Ebay graded 10 by GEM many years ago, and just found out through this forum that Gem is a scam!).. I have his Proline Full size helmet and Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year both signed. All the Starting Lineup 'action figures' .. (my friends call them 'dolls').. I still love Favre and don't think I would get rid of anything unless I was really hurting for cash, but man did he do a couple dummy things at the end there!! Aaron Rodgers is next on my player to collect list. I too live in Illinois but the Pack is my team. Wife is a Bears fan so our house gets really lively on game days!
Anyways, this has helped me so much. YOU GUYS ROCK!! THANK YOU