`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'56 Mantle

RE: '56 Mantle
(02-16-2013, 02:09 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: Are you crazy? It is a must to grade. Any Mantle card is a must grade
Im not a expert on grading, but my opinion is liekly 1-2 it seems.
No matter what..GRADE IT!!!!
I'm not really sure about the process of sending a card to be graded.All in know is you put the card in a certain top loader,then in a box(does have to be a box?),a submission form and a check for the delivery.There's just some questions I need to know before doing it.

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

(02-16-2013, 11:44 PM)esa0315 Wrote: I'm not really sure about the process of sending a card to be graded.All in know is you put the card in a certain top loader,then in a box(does have to be a box?),a submission form and a check for the delivery.There's just some questions I need to know before doing it.
Something along the lines of that.
Some people like to put them in a penny sleeve before putting in a top loader, but it raises corner condition issue.
Then take some thick cardboard and tape it securely, no rubberbands
Then fill out the form..making sure you select the correct grading for that kind of card. Determine its value (for insurance) and fill out the shipping/handling part. Then write a check. Put it in a box. And send it off.
It not that hard to do. My expereince is i did better with SGC,, thats my opinion. Some like PSA, because it tends to get better value.

Not sure if your keeping it or re-selling it. But you really should look into grading it....I am glad mine is. The only card i havent done yet is my Namath RC tallboy.
This is where i change sides...i been getting many offers in its 'raw' state, only becasue of the what-if factor. They think they can buy it and expect a better grade for more money.
If your like me then, i am holding onto it as-is. Once the grade is determined. then you know what you have.

Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

Great card!

Grade it for protection purposes if you're hanging on to it. Sounds like you are if you traded a Pujols auto for it. I think SGC is the way to go as well.

You can always crack it if you need to.

Skip grading it! It will sell better raw. It would prolly get a 2 at best. People will pay more raw thinking it would get a better grade.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

A two all the way. Send it to PSA or BVG IMO.

Very cool card. Just think back in 56 mantle was busy winning a triple crown. I'm glad Miggy let us younger guys see what a triple crown run looks like.