IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades
That would great send me the address

Thx - Eddie
(02-13-2013, 12:28 PM)runfromabear Wrote: I sent you an offer a couple of days ago if you are interested in trading at all I do have a box in the states that I could have you mail it to.
Wanting these primarily Igor Shesterkin, Alexis Lafrenière  Kaapo Kakko, Adam Fox, K'Andre Miller, Ryan Lindgren, Zac Jones, Braden Schneider. Just starting PC For Jack Hughes & Illya Sorokin.

When are you guys going to learn there is always away around the system (legally) Smile, most of you have been long time trading partners with each other, so what you do is, 1 shipment a week, flat rate priority mail box ($19.95), well packed in their own bubble mailers, mail the flat rate box to the trader you trust the most and have them forward the other packages via Canada Post to the other traders, or even mail the flat rate box to Randi and use him as a clearing house Smile (if he would be willing to do that)

Flat rate box, you can add as much as you can fit in it......., so if your shipping 5 or more trades a week, your saving money (of course you need to add a little something extra for the Canada Post fee's to the trader you send the flat rate box too)
(02-13-2013, 03:25 PM)rayeates Wrote: I agree that this sucks for you guys, and I think that it's because the postal workers have been "trained" to get the most out of you. As Frank said, he paid less than $3 for the package and it arrived faster than some trades before it. Ask questions, guys.

Here in Canada you can go to the drug store and send out mail at the postal outlet. I don't know if you have them down there, but if you do I suggest them. The workers are paid by the store instead of the USPS, so they don't try to dupe you into spending more. I have gone to both the PO and the outlet, and have always found that the workers at the outlets will check to see if there is a lower price. At the PO you have to almost fight with the worker to get different rates.

With that being said... I would hate to lose out on continuing trading with the brilliant members south-of-the-border, so I am offering a $5.00 BV slide to my trading partners in the States. I get $20 in total trade value, you get $25 in total trade value. I hope that this will deter some of you guys from NOT trading with me... Hehe! Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi
A lot of people have the wrong idea about the USPS, while they are a Government Agency, they are totally self reliant, they receive no government budget funds, no help whatsoever from The Government as far as finances, they have to do it all on their own, they are totally in the Red financially because of pension funds, retirements, etc.....

They have a lot of exspenses from insurance, to fuel cost, utilities, rent, etc....

these men and women work their asses off day in and day out, they put up with a lot of abuse, they have to deliver the mail whether it be 120 degrees, or -60 below, rain, snow, sleet ice, heat, cold, dog bites, nasty customers, customers who don't shovel or de-ice their sidewalks in the winter, or even the steps leading up the porch, causing nasty falls, and injuries, mean dogs, dog bites, etc......., and walking miles on end with a heavy bag of your shoulder.

A lot of the Carriers due to the number of layoffs, are now doing 2 routes, which means they have twice the work load, and I dare anyone to try being a Postal Worker for a week, most people wouldn't last 2 days.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Just a bit of advice i've found out, The new Global stamp for letters is 1.10 and it allows up to 2 oz letters sent to Canada, 1 oz for the rest of the world.
So, I sent 2 hard top loaders taped together
taped that in the center of 2 pieces of cereal box cardboard that fit the entire envelope
I than sealed the envelope and put a piece of clear packing tape around the entire envelope at the top and bottom so the 2 smallest sides had the tape on them (for when they are sorted through the machine)
BOOM, mailed it out. it was 1.5 oz.
I tried it with a low end jersey card too and still made it under the 2 oz.
I know its not every person's favorite way to mail and receive cards, but the cards are still very well protected and i've never had a problem sending them this way. I've had more bubble mailers come up damaged than i have sent cards this way.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I went to mail something to Canada yesterday and they asks me for the recipients email address or phone number. This is something new? I didn't have it at the time so I went back home with my packages. Waste of a trip to the post office.
Anybody hear of such a thing?

(02-14-2013, 01:55 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: I went to mail something to Canada yesterday and they asks me for the recipients email address or phone number. This is something new? I didn't have it at the time so I went back home with my packages. Waste of a trip to the post office.
Never heard of that. I wouldn't give them anything.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(02-14-2013, 01:55 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: I went to mail something to Canada yesterday and they asks me for the recipients email address or phone number. This is something new? I didn't have it at the time so I went back home with my packages. Waste of a trip to the post office.
Brian: Okay... now that is messed up! Just tell them that you don't have it, and it's an eBay sale, or something to that point. With all of the Personal Protection Laws in the States, they should shut up really fast.

shez: It is a great idea in theory, but I don't know how well it would work out with all of the traders that are already up-in-arms with the wait times as it is. I have been awaiting a package from Montreal (1,800kms or 1,300M away) for better than a week. It should only take a few days. I have no worries about the cards getting to me, but I know that there are a load of people who would. I have been called out on trades that did not arrive to the States after four or five weeks. Only to have an apology handed to me a few days later. The system is slow... hence the nickname "snail-mail."

Personally, I would not mind helping out the traders on the boards further, but I would not be able to do this undertaking without reprise. I have a load of work going on right now with school upcoming, release, court, baby on the way, wedding planning, and so forth. Tongue

I personally can't think of too much more to do to reduce costs of shipping, but I bet there are a few that could. Suggestions?

Randi

I recieved a trade yesterday from the states, and the postage on the bubble mailer (and it had the decleration sticker on for customs) was $3.80. There is obviously a way to do it cheaper, but my guess is you would really have to go over the USPS rules and rates to find it.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-13-2013, 04:19 PM)cards2trade Wrote: I AGREE WITH RANDI.

SHOPPERS DRUG MART OUTLET MUCH CHEAPER THAN CANADA POST. AND THE ENVELOPES ALWAYS SEAM TO FIT THROUGH THE LETTER MAIL GUIDE SLOT MUCH EASIER. JUST A QUESTION FOR MY AMERICAN FRIENDS. IF YOU PUT A SINGLE CARD IN A TOPLOADER AND PLACED IT IN A GREETING CARD AND REGULAR ENVELOPE, WOULD IT STILL COST $7.00? I WOULD ASSUME THAT THE CARD WOULD STILL BE WELL ENOUGH PROTECTED....JUST A THOUGHT.......
No. If you use an envelope the size or smaller than a small bubble mailer and place like cerel box cardboard around it it would be much cheaper. The problem with the small bubble mailers is that they are to thick to go as a letter and and to small to go as a flat so they go as a parcel.

Also for Ebay sellers to purchase postage online it ends up being the higher rate. To get lower they have to do as I suggested AND take it to the PO. Some are just lazy and don't want to help out the customers. Maybe they will when it starts effecting their bottom line.

(02-14-2013, 11:04 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I recieved a trade yesterday from the states, and the postage on the bubble mailer (and it had the decleration sticker on for customs) was $3.80. There is obviously a way to do it cheaper, but my guess is you would really have to go over the USPS rules and rates to find it.
I had similar... I have received A LOT of cards through the states lately, and ALL of them have been ABOUT $3.80.... So, something can be done... Maybe ship smaller and don't use oversized??????

Tim
Collecting:
Jordan Eberle (#/to be updated soon)
Taylor Hall (#/to be updated soon)
Fistric or Dubnyk (Don't know which yet...)

The reason why they would ask is so if there was a problem with delivering the item we would be able to contact the recepient. Its not necessary but if something is wrong with the mailing address then it doesnt get returned to whoever originally sent it. I'm a supervisor for Canada Post and you wouldnt believe the amount of packages that arent addressed properly.