`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Not Buy Old Upper Deck Products

Do Not Buy Old Upper Deck Products
Upper Deck will not replace damaged cards from sets outside of the current year. Even if you have a receipt, package, or manufactured wrap, does not matter. With expired redemptions and no warranty on card quality, older boxes of Upper Deck product are a thing to shy away from.

I could see this applying to product from 1990-91 but this was a box of 2007-08 UD2 and two of the YG's were misprinted (double printing). The cards were crisp in terms of corners but worthless otherwise.

That's my rant and blow off. Hope this created some sort of awareness.

photo image-7_zps99cd91f3.jpg

RE: Do Not Buy Old Upper Deck Products
Wow. Well I just pulled a Future Watch /999 out of 11/12 SPA a moment ago with a totally busted corner, and was thinking about having it replaced. So it's completely worthless then?
[Image: BeckettBanner1.jpg]

That's pretty much an industry standard for Topps and Panini, too ... every once in a while they'll honor old redemptions, but damaged cards you're out of luck.

So UD is supposed to hang on to replacement product for 20 years?

Give me a break.!!!!

Also the 2011-12 SP Authentic is less than a year old so as long as they still have replacement for it they should still replace damaged product.

Got scans?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(02-12-2013, 11:35 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: So UD is supposed to hang on to replacement product for 20 years?

Give me a break.!!!!

Also the 2011-12 SP Authentic is less than a year old so as long as they still have replacement for it they should still replace damaged product.
um, I think you should go back and re-read the OP's post.. he wasn't suggesting UD should carry replacements for 20 year old products.

not to put words in his mouth, but I think he meant that they should be willing to compensate for damaged/redemption cards. If I bought a box of 07-08 UD and had two damaged YG, if they gave me an auto of a marginal player, or two 12-13 YG, I'd be happy with that.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Thanks for the backup Phil.

Not only was your paraphrasing clearer but you cannot fraudulently claim these cards are damaged. (I dropped the card and am asking for a replacement)

youre crying because they wont replace 50 cent cards?? you could do what everyone else does, throw em away and move on

Someone is missing the point here...

Yes if they spell a name wrong on a card that is still fairly new, they should fix it and offer a replacement. I also hate pulling damaged cards from packs. While it stings, I can see why they wouldn't easily replace damaged cards.
Collecting: Kevin Hodson, Goaltender Rookie Cards, 1995-96 Fleer Metal Inserts.

(02-13-2013, 07:33 PM)wngfan Wrote: youre crying because they wont replace 50 cent cards?? you could do what everyone else does, throw em away and move on
when 2 of your 6 YG are damaged goods, yes, I'd be "crying" over that too

easy to say to throw them away when it's not your money spent on the box(es)
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)