`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Not Buy Old Upper Deck Products

RE: Do Not Buy Old Upper Deck Products
(02-12-2013, 11:35 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: So UD is supposed to hang on to replacement product for 20 years?

Give me a break.!!!!

Also the 2011-12 SP Authentic is less than a year old so as long as they still have replacement for it they should still replace damaged product.
If i pull a damaged microwave from the box, I can return it to the store for a new one. If I buy clothes from 2 years ago on the clearance rack and realize it has a hole in it, I return it to the store for a refund.
Auto companies are required to hold on stock enough replacement parts for 7 years. (granted they calculate how many parts they'll need and make them all at once, but the theory is they have enough parts for 7 years.)
As i'm typing this, I realize too if a gallon of milk goes bad before the expiration, you can return it to the store too for a full refund.

Why can't hockey card companies be held to the same standard as the rest of the world.

What it comes down to is that we know their policy, so we need to stop buying their old products until the realize they have to change the policy or do something about their old cards.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

i would think that in order to provide better customer service, card companies work with retailers of their products, including local card shops who buy directly from them. that would make collecting damages and replacing damages simpler. but while i can see busting open a box from 2012 or 2013 and getting upset if a card was damaged, i can't see being responsible for damaged products from over a year ago if it was turned over and exchanged hands a number of times...you just never know when it got damaged.

errors and cards that have misprints aren't really issues that most people care about as sometimes it makes it more of a collectible.

and if you're going to complain about a card that has double print/stamps on them, then shouldn't we all be able to complain about an off centered card? that's pretty much quality control right?

And from looking at the scans these are a misprint problem not a damage problem. The rookies that year had quite a bit of problems with that.

Companies can set rules for replacement for damage any way they want.
If a product at Home Depot is damaged in the box when you open it I can see wanting a replacement and even if the product is 7 years old, they are still making them. The cards from 2007-08 they stopped making then so I don't see why they should replace them. Plus their stated policy for several years has been 1 year from release for damage replacement while supplies last.

I don't think anyone (including the OP) expects UD, Panini, ITG, or anyone to carry replacements for years on end, especially with all the limited print runs. I think the point is the lack of willingness on UD's part to fix mistakes in old products and compensate with something of value... not necessarily an exact replacement or even a replacement from that year.

If I went and pulled a SPA Dual Mystery SOTT from an old SPA product, I would (and I think rightfully) expect UD to give me a dual auto in return. They could give me a dual auto from any year and any player, and I would be fine with that. It's not as if UD didn't produce those cards to begin with... or most of them... they're given out when you request a redemption replacement... why would it or should it be different with an old product
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

It's kind of like when stores still had expiration dates on their gift cards. I think when a redemption expires it should become "mystery" and they should honour it with a random card bv $20+.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com