`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Looking for advice on a set to build

Looking for advice on a set to build
I like to build little sets when my PC is at a stand still. I am at that point again. There are a few stipulations though cause I don't end up with tons of time to focus on them.

1. The set must be 30 cards or less. I usually do a small auto set (on card), a nice relic set, or a nice insert set.

2. There can't be too many hard chase cards. I like a few though of course.

3. Must be some what affordable. No cards that will run me $100+.

Here are some examples of others I have done or am working on.

Let's here some great suggestions. I'll send a free $10 prospect auto to whoever suggests a set I decide to build.

A guy showed me 6 of the 2001 MVP Souvenirs Batting Gloves. I may try that but wanna here more suggestions.

Samples of what I like. I'm still working on these so if you have some let me know.
Private Stock Artists Canvas
[Image: scan0131.jpg]
Ultra Damage Inc
[Image: scan0130.jpg]
National Chicle Auto (complete)
[Image: NC-1.jpg]
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: Looking for advice on a set to build
The 2001 MVP gloves is a sweet set all together and colorful to. I have a couple to start you out
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

What about the hostess cards from late 80s to early 90s? Those are fun and inexpensive. I only need a few more myself.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

1997 Fleer Goudey Greats Foil
It is a nice looking set, and has lost A LOT of value over the years (mostly because most people don't realize it exists and how subtle the difference is from the non-foil version). These cards were super tough to get (i.e. 1 in 800 packs), yet you can pick up a lot of them for just a few bucks each. The stars will cost a bit more, but I really think this is one of the most undervalued sets.

1998 Circa Thunder Thunder Boomers
It is a very nice looking set and not too hard to put together.

1997 SP Game Film
Another cool looking set that you don't see that often.

1997 Pacific Triple Crown Die Cuts and 1995 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cuts
Nice crown die-cut, and they look really nice all together.

1996 Studio Stained Glass Stars, 1996 Studio Masterstrokes, 1997 Studio Master Strokes and 1997 Studio Hard Hats
I just love the old Studio inserts.
A fun set, but there are a couple cards that will cost you over $100 is:
2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Clear Path to History Triple Signatures
There are some bargains in there and some great early autographs of current stars.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-12-2013, 02:18 PM)djohn Wrote: 1997 Fleer Goudey Greats Foil
It is a nice looking set, and has lost A LOT of value over the years (mostly because most people don't realize it exists and how subtle the difference is from the non-foil version). These cards were super tough to get (i.e. 1 in 800 packs), yet you can pick up a lot of them for just a few bucks each. The stars will cost a bit more, but I really think this is one of the most undervalued sets.

1998 Circa Thunder Thunder Boomers
It is a very nice looking set and not too hard to put together.

1997 SP Game Film
Another cool looking set that you don't see that often.

1997 Pacific Triple Crown Die Cuts and 1995 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cuts
Nice crown die-cut, and they look really nice all together.

1996 Studio Stained Glass Stars, 1996 Studio Masterstrokes, 1997 Studio Master Strokes and 1997 Studio Hard Hats
I just love the old Studio inserts.
A fun set, but there are a couple cards that will cost you over $100 is:
2006 Upper Deck Future Stars Clear Path to History Triple Signatures
There are some bargains in there and some great early autographs of current stars.

I love the old 90s sets for sure. Masterstrokes were sweet cards. The Clear Path Autos are nice but I dis-like sticker autos. There is a nice Thomas auto in the set though and I once owned it.

(02-12-2013, 01:48 PM)elberson Wrote: The 2001 MVP gloves is a sweet set all together and colorful to. I have a couple to start you out
I'll be in touch.

(02-12-2013, 02:11 PM)muz0 Wrote: What about the hostess cards from late 80s to early 90s? Those are fun and inexpensive. I only need a few more myself.

Not as big on those. Thanks though.

How about a 2011 or 2012 Gypsy Queen subset?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

How about a Royals hall of fame (the Royals hall of fame, not the Cooperstown hall of fame)set? Maybe a signed rookie of all members? Well, minus the 5 non players at least.

(02-12-2013, 05:53 PM)jrbeasley Wrote: How about a Royals hall of fame (the Royals hall of fame, not the Cooperstown hall of fame)set? Maybe a signed rookie of all members? Well, minus the 5 non players at least.
I have autos of all except a couple non-players. I don't think I want an IP of all of them and that is all that would be available of most. I do like the idea though and I love that your thinking outside the box a little.