`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2012 Topps Green or Blue Boarder question

2012 Topps Green or Blue Boarder question
I bought some random packs of 2012 Topps and got a little confused on something.. I pulled a BLUE boarder 1957 RG3. Beckett only shows price for green and I think it said $15 or something like that. Then I was trying to figure out the jargon about the green and blue and red and walmart and target and I got lost. I want to say it said something like blue= .5- 1.2 of the green

Sorry for such a random question but my brain is not working today. It is probably easy and common sense, but as of right now, I am trying to make sense of it. Which is a better card for the long run, the blues or the greens?

I am new to collecting so I am trying to figure too much out at once with the big picture of everything. Thanks in advance!

RE: 2012 Topps Green or Blue Boarder question
Basically the green is considered the "base" card while the blue and red bordered ones are variation colors for the same green card. Since the multiplier is the same for the blue and red at 1.2, you would multiply the green price by that multiplier to get the approximate value of the blue or red border cards. In your case, the RGIII you pulled(congrats by the way) would be $15x1.2= $18. However, on the Beckett online price guide(OPG) they value it at $20. The blue ones are inserted into packs at walmart and red ones are inserted into packs at target. Hopes this helps. Enjoy!

RE: 2012 Topps Green or Blue Boarder question
confusing but yes that helps alot, thank you! This RG3 is a nice looking card, I now have the blue and green! thank you for explaining!!