`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: favorite sports

OT: favorite sports
Strictly speaking as a fan, not just as a collector. What is your favorite sport and why? What reasons, for instance, do you like baseball a bit more than football? Thought it would make for interesting conversation since we are sort of in sports limbo (sorry basketball and hockey guy). Football is over (though the draft will probably get higher ratings than the World Series), baseball is upon us, the Daytona 500 is coming up, NBA and NHL still has a while for the playoffs....I suppose NCAA basketball is interesting this time of year.

Any who, what say you?
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: OT: favorite sports
I love baseball the most. Grew up following it and playing it. Fantastic sport with a long season. Next up would be football. Then Hockey, a true mans sport. There's something gritty and all out intense about it. I hate basketball. Not completely sure why. I tried playing it as a kid and it just never clicked. Have to say I even like soccer a lot better. March madness is fun to watch when they're playing hard but NBA... Even the sound of sneakers squeaking across a basket ball court is like nails to a chalk board to me.

I've played soccer since I was six, and been pretty much a full time goal keeper most of that time. I still play in a rather competitive league and level, and also have my regional referee's license. Probably my favourite sport to play, which I can't do anymore due to blowing out my achilles about 4 years ago, is volleyball. Baseball and Football are pretty much even for me on sports I like to watch and follow, with hockey and soccer behind them. Baseball to me is the ultimate viewing sport. You can have it on in the background and listen as you do something else, or watch every pitch and predict/watch the chess match between pitcher and batter unfold. I miss Tiger Stadium. You could sit down the line and have a view into the dugout and watch (assuming you weren't behind a pole) Sparky manage the entire team every moment. Skydome (Roger's Centre whatever) close by now is just so antiseptic and in my opinion actually distracts from the game. Tiger Stadium was also great b/c a bleacher seat was four bucks, and a beer was five Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Watching on TV - Football (although my favorite event to watch is the world cup)
Going to a game - Baseball
Playing - Soccer (thought I was going to be the only one that said this lol). Played all the way up through college and even played a little semi pro
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Baseball is first on my list I have always played and still play in softball leagues grew up in Springfield Illinois and my dad would always take me to cardinals games or the cardinals minor league games since they have a team in that town then second is football then basketball only soccer I like is FIFA on my Xbox 360
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

Favorite sports to watch are
1. Baseball
2. Basketball
3. Football (NFL only)

Favorite sports to play
1. Basketball
2. Baseball
3. Raquetball

(02-10-2013, 11:45 PM)ryancholden Wrote: I suppose NCAA basketball is interesting this time of year.

Any who, what say you?
I hate march madness. It's stupid.

I really only watch football and even then it's only Dallas Cowboys games that I watch. However, the Baltimore Ravens are my 2nd favorite team, so it was cool to watch them beat san francrisco (Yes, I spelled it right. That's what I call them.)

And I only collect Nolan Ryan baseball cards. With a focus on BGS/BVG Graded Nolan Ryan cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Interesting how many soccer fans there are out there. I played soccer my whole life, and have coached youth soccer for 5 years. I find MLS unbearably boring to watch...I think it is the stadium atomosphere (though some of those teams in the Northwest are pretty wild). I used to love watching the Bundesliga, but Direct TV dropped Gol TV, so it isn't on anymore.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

baseball...always will be baseball. it's the national pastime. There's something about baseball that is more special than any other sport
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

(02-11-2013, 10:05 AM)ryancholden Wrote: Interesting how many soccer fans there are out there. I played soccer my whole life, and have coached youth soccer for 5 years. I find MLS unbearably boring to watch...I think it is the stadium atomosphere (though some of those teams in the Northwest are pretty wild). I used to love watching the Bundesliga, but Direct TV dropped Gol TV, so it isn't on anymore.
Soccer is definitely my favorite sport. I also find the MLS extremely boring, it's a terrible league. Sorry, but us Americans don't know how to play soccer as good as most Europeans. Serie A, Bundesliga, and Premier League are the best to watch. Sometimes I gotta wake up at 6:30 a.m on Saturday to watch my team play!
Second favorite sport is probably hockey(go Devils!), then football(go Giants), then baseball(go Yankees!), then basketball(go Nets!)
Rugby is also a fun game to watch. Was just watching the Rugby sevens, very quick and fast paced game.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs