`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trimming down my collection

RE: Trimming down my collection
I have 1,000 Cubs cards to trade, though most are base. Once you get some cards in your org, let me know.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If I were you, I'd try to do some trades to decrease the quantity, but increase the quality of my collection. Personally, I might consider trading every card you have for any Jeter card. -That's a pretty simple way of getting a lot of trades done, turning your $2-10 cards into a stockpile of Jeters, which would be fairly easy to trade. Obviously, this plan is not perfect (and it''s not likely that you'll be able to trade all 2,000 of your cards for Jeters). But if you make it known that you're not picky about what you get back in return (as long as its a similarly valued Jeter), you should be able to do a lot of trades fairly easily.

Post scans of 20-30 $5-10 cards and indicate that you want Jeters in return.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

2000 isn't that big, I have about 40,000. I'd trade the excess here or sell them on eBay.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(02-11-2013, 11:52 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: Definite +1 i have that much in shoeboxes under my bed lol. Abot ten years ago when i was young and stupid i tried to spreadsheet my entire collection including base....i stopped at 65k lol
I use an excel spreadsheet for my SF Giants collection. Took some time, but allowed me to reorganize my binders and sort out cards and update prices and add cards I missed. I used the ORG for this and selected my team to sort.
I have nearly 20000 SF Giants cards and each is inventoried.. If you start now, it can added to each new set. This spreadsheet helps me with trading..knowing what I need..

I did it in the "OLD ORG", but when Beckett crashed, I lost 1000s of cards and now I just put my "for trade" cards in there and not my inventory..

Lesson learned..

Good luck

Thanks very much for your replies everyone. I am going to reorganize/revamp my collection, and then see where I can go from there. I am looking for select singles (mostly sp's) from '05 Turkey Red (trying to finish the base set). If anyone has any, let me know. I'll pm you my needs list. Thanks.