`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trimming down my collection

Trimming down my collection
Hi everyone. My collection is quite large (over 2,000 assorted cards). I have been considering trimming it down, selling what I don't want to keep on Ebay. I will probably just keep autos, gu, serial numbered cards, a few key rookies, and possibly any/all Cubs cards. Is this a good idea? I'm a new seller on Ebay. Just listed many of my duplicates anywhere from $1-$7. Sadly, most of them didn't sell (I relisted 'em). Is trimming the collection and selling what I don't want a good idea? Or, should I just keep what I have and let it grow huge (LOL)? Most of what I would be selling off would be base cards of stars/minor stars, and a few more common inserts. Probably most of the stuff would sell in the $2-$10 range. So, what say you fellow cardsters???

RE: Trimming down my collection
2000 quite large? Why not trade here on Beckett. I think (not knowing exactly what cards) 2-10 bucks a card on base cards and common inserts is quite ambishes. Like really ambishes. Trading here is fun and a way to pick up the Cubs you want.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I think that it will be a lot harder for a new seller because you won't have a lot of history. I have over 125 positive feedbacks and that took awhile for me to get. Most of mine are from buying but the only thing people look at is how much positives you have. That is a big thing that I have noticed when people sell. Also, how are you selling them? As singles or lots? It also depends on what people are looking for at the time. You might have better luck when the season gets ready to start too. Good luck selling though.

2000 cards is FAR from a large collection.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Sorry but no way you will get 2-10 dollars for base cards. You must be using the large book value.

Ok, before people bash him for asking several dollars for base cards and commons, did you consider he might be selling vintage cards? I am not saying that he necessarily does, but it's something to consider.
I agree that the better way to trim the collection would be to trade for cards you might want.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Put them in your organizer and I will send you over a trade offer. I have over 300 different Cubs for trade
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

if you got griffeys there is a large amount of traders on here, let me know if you load any
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

(02-10-2013, 10:25 PM)Haze28 Wrote: 2000 cards is FAR from a large collection.
Definite +1 i have that much in shoeboxes under my bed lol. Abot ten years ago when i was young and stupid i tried to spreadsheet my entire collection including base....i stopped at 65k lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Forget selling base/inserts unless selling as a lot or if vintage/super rookie/star. Set-up Org here and trade & sell (though not many buy!). I am (still) going through the tedious task right now but I have already seen positive results (happier wife because cards aren't all over the place....me now knowing where cards are ect LOL). Great bunch of folks here including set builders/team collectors, plus you will get insite on what folks think about what you have through scanning. You can always put something for sale on other sites. Welcome & Good Luck (got any Phillies inserts?)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.