Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep it classy Jeter and Yankees employee

RE: Keep it classy Jeter and Yankees employee
[quote='jaredhuizenga' pid='2217148' dateline='1360470333']
My problem isn't with him not signing, it's the "rules" they had in place, which I find hard to believe the Yankees employee had in place. For as much as I respect the guy on the field, it's hard to respect him in life with the whole "gift basket" thing. My impression is great player on the field, dbag off of it.
[/quotete]

Okay I been to a couple different stadium seeing if I can get Jeters autograph and thats the first time I heard of thise rules expect single file.

As for the gift baskets why does that make him dbag off the field?

The only Yankee that I seen thats dbag about autos is AROD.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(02-09-2013, 11:25 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: My problem isn't with him not signing, it's the "rules" they had in place, which I find hard to believe the Yankees employee had in place. For as much as I respect the guy on the field, it's hard to respect him in life with the whole "gift basket" thing. My impression is great player on the field, dbag off of it.
So have you ever looked on eBay and seen how many signed bats, balls, and Jerseys are listed a ton. So because he doesn't sign for every person that comes up to him and people make a big deal about it. I did meet him once had a short conversation with him and told him how I was a big time collector of his. He signed my baseball and asked me about my collection. He seems like a nice guy to me and if he walked by me I would not of been upset because if you put yourself in his shoes, he probably gets asked for Autographs everywhere he goes sooner or later you will get tired of signing and pass on some people. Now the basket thing I can't even believe you brought up? Does it really bother you that he gives signed items to his lady friends? Last I remember he was single and never married so there should be no problem with that.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I should have known better than to sully the good name of Derek Jeter on these boards. It's like telling Twins fans that Joe Mauer isn't the best player in baseball.

You're right, giving gift baskets to conquests is classy. Carry on with your pinstripe worship.
Kepler

Hey now! Joe Mauer is the GREATEST EVER! Get it straight man.

(02-10-2013, 12:53 AM)mnc99 Wrote: Hey now! Joe Mauer is the GREATEST EVER! Get it straight man.
Haha. Don't get me wrong, I like Mauer and recognize that he's a great (singles) hitter. I just don't see him as a $23 million a year guy - unless that salary is coming from the marketing department and not the team's self-imposed salary cap. His salary is doing to the Twins what Garnett's did to the Wolves.

I wish he didn't have that full no-trade clause.
Kepler

(02-10-2013, 12:42 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I should have known better than to sully the good name of Derek Jeter on these boards. It's like telling Twins fans that Joe Mauer isn't the best player in baseball.

You're right, giving gift baskets to conquests is classy. Carry on with your pinstripe worship.
i hate the yankees. i am the poet laureate of yankee hatred. im one of the only people in the world that will directly claim to believe that jeter did hgh to come back from injury a couple years ago (and saw his numbers spike). i think is one of the most overhyped players in the history of the game.

and i think you are stretching for reasons to hate on him

I have that is very close to this. I live in Michigan and when I was 16 my family went way up to nortern Minnesota on vacation. We hit a game at the Metro Dome and got to see Cal play. On our where back home we stopped in Milwaulee and watch them play Seattle. I was able to sneak down to the dugout areas during bp while griffey was taking turns in the cage. Well there was alot of people yelling out to him and Arod and Edgar during all this. So he got about 30 ft from me and I said Mr. Griffey I am one of your biggest fans and I came all the way from Michigan to watch you play. Can I please have your autograph, his exact words were I would love to but if I sign for you then I have to sign for everyone. Even at 16 years old that made sense to me, but i got to talk to him for a couple minutes. I thought that would be my highlight of the day but hit a homerun that game to.
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

Personally, I just ask for an auto. I don't push and shove or ask multiple times. He doesn't have time to sign for everyone who wants his autograph, it's just not logical.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!