`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Anyone ever get threatened to get sued over feedback? I did. lol

RE: OT: Anyone ever get threatened to get sued over feedback? I did. lol
I think ebay has become the biggest cesspool of morons on the internet, both sellers and buyers.

First, he's not going to take any kind of legal action. I don't know what he'd be able to sue you for anyway since he was the one who was unable to fulfill the transaction. Second, and I don't think they would do anything, but I'd forward the message to ebay just for their awareness. Granted they'll probably laugh as well but wouldn't hurt to have it on record.
(02-09-2013, 12:47 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I had a similar situation, though a lawyer was never brought up. A seller said "he mailed my card to someone else". I'm too nice. I've never left a negative feedback. The card was a Beckett Graded (BGS) 9 Nolan Ryan memorabilia card. I still have a picture of it. And it's still the only one Graded. I think that the card didn't sell for what he wanted it to, so the seller made up an excuse. And I fell for it. I should have nailed him with a negative.
Here's a scan of it.

Now, looking at the scan, I'm dying inside, b/c it was an old label.
Wow, that's actually a really nice looking card. Not really a huge fan of GU cards but that was is great!

I've had sellers just refund my money when cards sell for a "low" price. -Their reaction is along the lines of, "What's the big deal? I refunded your money!" Those same sellers wouldn't appreciate it if I didn't pay for an item and told them "What's the big deal? You still have your card!"
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

The gene pool needs more chlorine!!!

The seller is an idiot and not worth any more time "worrying" about it..hope you get your $$ though

Well he is wasting his time trying to get a lawyer involved, which I doubt he is anyway. As buyers you have a right to leave whatever kind of feedback you want. He screwed up so he should expect to have consequences. Sounds like he is a bad seller anyway that cant get his stuff together. Its not hard to make sure the right stuff gets to the right people. I would contact ebay and tell them about this guy.

This is very comical. I bet you never hear from him again.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(02-09-2013, 03:38 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Wow, that's actually a really nice looking card. Not really a huge fan of GU cards but that was is great!
Don't I know it!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

This is stupid, but I have to say this. I have a background in many legal suites, and you can technically be sued for negative feedback. But the feedback would have to be unwarranted. A judge would decide that. If found guilty, then the suit could be for damages which would include potential loss of sale due to the negative feedback. The volume the person generates in sales would determine that number. Again it is stupid, but there is a millionaire out in the world because Mcdonald's did not put the word "Hot" on their coffee cups. It is a sad day that we live in.
We may not have been to the World Series in 100 years, but we can still kick your......

[Image: 1el3xw.jpg]

(02-09-2013, 08:38 PM)lshields Wrote: This is stupid, but I have to say this. I have a background in many legal suites, and you can technically be sued for negative feedback. But the feedback would have to be unwarranted. A judge would decide that. If found guilty, then the suit could be for damages which would include potential loss of sale due to the negative feedback. The volume the person generates in sales would determine that number. Again it is stupid, but there is a millionaire out in the world because Mcdonald's did not put the word "Hot" on their coffee cups. It is a sad day that we live in.
Did you ever read about the McDonalds case? It's not as frivelous as it sounds. The coffee the customer was given was determined to be near a boiling point. In fact over 700 cases of customers being burned we're presented during the case. Standard coffee is to be served at 135 degrees. Her coffee was served at nearly 200 degrees. Water boils at 212 degrees. It's actually an interesting case that a lot of people just make a quick assumption withou ever reading the actual facts.

As for the OP getting threatened to be sued. Tell the guy to pound salt.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

No I did not read it the case. My point was was simply people get sued all the time for things they really should not and most just don't hold water. Impressed though you knew water boils at 212 Smile not many people know that..
We may not have been to the World Series in 100 years, but we can still kick your......

[Image: 1el3xw.jpg]

My aunt won a house because a waitress spilled hot coffee on her, so hot it actually burnt her nylons. The chick didn't have money, gave up her newly built, but never used, house instead.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile