`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
One HORRIBLE Box of Contenders

One HORRIBLE Box of Contenders
For the second year in a row I bought one box of contenders and got six autos...and they all suck.

[Image: IMG_20130208_102724_zps23147257.jpg]
-Brandon Bolden Redemption

Not a single on card auto!

RE: One HORRIBLE Box of Contenders
Ouch! You know that just means you have to buy another to try and even it out lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-08-2013, 10:35 AM)branesergen Wrote: Ouch! You know that just means you have to buy another to try and even it out lol
I barely even had the money for that one lol

Ouch thats brutal man, last years I think were guaranteed two on card autos, not sure about this year but either way thats terrible luck

(02-08-2013, 10:43 AM)solid133 Wrote: Ouch thats brutal man, last years I think were guaranteed two on card autos, not sure about this year but either way thats terrible luck
It's the same this year. Maybe the Bolden is on card but, oh well

Well, there's still a chance one of the autos is a SP.....
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(02-08-2013, 11:12 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: Well, there's still a chance one of the autos is a SP.....
Two are variations, hopefully one is a ssp.

Yeah, that's the nice thing about Contenders. It's too early to tell if your box was bad or not. There's still a chance!

(02-08-2013, 10:50 AM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: It's the same this year. Maybe the Bolden is on card but, oh well
While i don't like the design of this year's cards, i probably would have still gone for a box for the chance of a big hit (and hard to beat 5 guaranteed autos in one box) - but i have a hard time supporting a company that does not deliver what they say they are going to so that fact alone is sufficient to get me to pass. In fact, given how this is not the first instance this year when Panini has engaged in what is at least close to borderline fraudulent conduct (mainly by advertising on some blaster boxes a chance to get an autograph card when looking at the "look for these ramdomly inserted card sets" including no autograph cards which seems to indicate that there was in fact zero chance of getting an autograph from those packs or boxes) makes it hard to trust them in the future either.

i kind of get the idea that at the last minute they switched to sticker autographs for some of the RPS cards to avoid redemptions or further delay in release. That is understandable But its still shady in my opinion to still be advertising 2 on card autos per box even after they obvlously knew they would either have to go with tons of redemptions, delay release, or could not deliver what they were promising..

I thought it was supposed to be 1 on card atleast per box. Might wanna check on that one even though it doesnt say it on the box.

As to the players, Givens was productive as a rookie and chandler jones had 6 sacks in the first 8 weeks before injuring his ankle, so next year when he comes out sacking the qb like crazy this box wont look so bad.