`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How much should I pay for a Jordan psa 9 fleer rc!?

RE: How much should I pay for a Jordan psa 9 fleer rc!?
BGS 9 - PSA 9 - BGS 9.5 - PSA 10 - BGS 10 in that order.

Yes, I absolutely agree with the posts that say PSA 9>BGS 9 in terms of price. I have collected 86 Fleer on and off for a decade (I'm back onSmile and without a doubt the 86 Fleer PSA 9 MJ RC will cost about $250-$500 more than the BGS 9. It's not to say that a PSA 9 is better than a BGS 9. That's just where the values are now. I am hoping that when BGS gets its act together and gets the registry back up that we will see a bump in the values of cards in BGS slabs.

(02-07-2013, 11:44 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: I collect a ton of HOF football RCs and I know for a fact that PSA 9s sell for more than BGS 9. Bascially, I have seen the value scale be as follows...

BGS 9 - PSA 9 - BGS 9.5 - PSA 10 - BGS 10 in that order.

Now this could maybe only be the case with older football rookies, but I have seen it over and over, so I would think it works the same for BBall. It could be that newer stuff has a BGS premium, but with the older stuff, the above scale seems to be the case.

Just doing a quick eBay search on the Jordans, the BGS 9s sell for 1300ish, and the PSA 9s sell for 1600-1800ish.
I just want to be sure that 1800 is a fair price for a nicely centered PSA 9 Jordan, or if I should wait and try to get one for a bit lower.