`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need your guys opinion

RE: need your guys opinion
I think one of the best values going right now is Giancarlo Stanton. If not already a star, he's one in the making. And there's a decent chance that the Yankees could make a run at him next year through a trade. If that's the case, his stock would really skyrocket. -In any event, he won't be a Marlin for life and just about any other team that would trade for him would be an improvement. (Personally, I'd prefer if he went to Texas where he could hit 50+ HR/year).

My advice would be to collect a handful of players--some more actively than others. For example, I have 3 guys I collect actively--Verlander, Cabrera, and Stanton. The first two are hometown "stars" that I get to watch every night. Stanton is a guy I've followed since his debut and who I believe has great potential (and is still relatively affordable). I also collect Cameron Maybin, a former Tiger who I can collect cheaply. Finally, when I can, I try to pick up Avisail Garcia, an up-and-coming Tigers prospect.

That doesn't mean you should stop collecting Trout either. -I collect him as much as I can too, but his stuff is mostly out of my reach, especially his numbered stuff.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

let us know who you decide on, i have alot of young low end prospects cards i'd help out if your collecting someone i dont.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(02-04-2013, 08:36 PM)dontpray Wrote: Ive had good luck with walmart markdown 2011 topps update for trout. Pulled sveral rookies and rc parallel.
Like golds and sparkles. Trout also has a lot of nice 2013 topps
what stuff do you mean. autos or base and inserts
thanks for all the responses and the great help. i am going to try to use suggestions from everybody in order to decide who i will collect. this is what i am going to do, i will collect one recent rookie, one other player and a specific type of card.

1. MIKE TORUT (recent rookie)
2. STILL IN QUESTION (other player, rising star)
3. TTT UNITY AUTOS OR PATCHES (specific type)

i agree with dbroockerd to keep collecting him just a little cheaper untill i get my funds up. also i decided to keep collecting unities but to downsize a bit. instead of all unities now just autos and patches. Finally i still need to pick another basic player, i will update when i decide . Feedback is very welcome and help with all PC is greatly apreciated.

Bump!!!

I am 32 and have been collecting since I was 8. Collect who you like, but like the player for a reason. He's from your home town, he went to your favorite team, school, whatever. I collected Jeremy Brown for a long time. He made his MLB debut in 2006 with the A's. We played baseball together from age 6 to 15. Also I collected Frank Thomas. He played on the minor league team here in Birmingham and he was the first player to ever sign a ball for me. Those things are what makes collecting fun for me.
We may not have been to the World Series in 100 years, but we can still kick your......

[Image: 1el3xw.jpg]