1,000th post contest - CLOSED

RE: 1,000th post contest
Pabst Colorado Pond Hockey Tournament?
[Image: lbMplTF.png]
1967 Topps
Super Collector of Cal Ripken Jr. & "Pudge" Rodriguez
bowers25’s bucket

Ok, one more hint coming before I head to bed.
(02-04-2013, 02:46 PM)djohn Wrote: I just realized this weekend that I was nearing 1,000th post. Well this is my 1,000th post. (Read the following in your best Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World" voice) I don't post all the time, but when I do I try to make it worthwhile.

To celebrate this achievement, I have decided to have a contest. The contest is simple, but will be challenging. Guess which sporting event is the next one that I will be attending. You have to be specific, so it will be a bit more challenging. Don't just guess "Spring Training Game" or "Denver Nuggets game", you need to be specific about which game.

The rules: 1 guess per person per every 2 hours, so once you guess you can come back in 2 hours and guess again. All guesses must be submitted on this thread, this will provide for time stamps for each guess. If you send me a PM with your guess it won't count. Any posts that show up as being edited will be disqualified, so make a new post for each new guess, so don't just edit a previous guess.

The prize: A very nice care package filled with goodies including inserts, rookies, and more. Trust me, you will be very HAPPY if you win this.

Hints: I will be posting hints as time goes on until someone guesses the correct event.
HINT 1: It is not an NFL game.
HINT 2: The event takes place within the next 3 weeks.
HINT 3: It takes less than a 3 hour drive from my house to get there.
HINT 4: I will be going to an Orlando Magic game later this month, but the next sporting event I'm going to is before that.
HINT 5: I went to school with 2 of the players.
HINT 6: It involves a round ball, but it isn't for the NBA.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Florida gators baseball game feb 19 th

The Special Olympics State Basketball tourney on the 15th/16th?
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Ace Group Classic...championship golf in naples
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

well, since your "old"

Florida ISA February Blast in mulberry on Feb 16th and 17th
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

UCF vs Marshall on Feb 20

Some good guesses so far, but no one has gotten it yet. I'll be adding another hint shortly.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Tuesday, Mar 12
Charity Pro-Am Candler Hills Golf Club

I have a 5 more hints to go, and I am certain someone will figure it out before I get to the last few hints. I am going to give the next hint in a couple hours and it will be a good one. Get a guess in now and you will have a chance to guess again after the next hint.