`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wife complaining about Card Collecting

RE: Wife complaining about Card Collecting
My wife is really supportive with my collecting. I am also looking to invest in buying collections and piecing them out and start an out of home business and she is going to help me with that. She still doesn't get overly enthusiastic about getting an auto or jersey card unless its a big one but she is coming around. If I have a high end box like Triple Threads she is always there to open it with me.

I just want to thank everyone for their honesty and sincerity in answering my post. I don't want anyone to think that my wife is the wicked witch of card collecting, she isn't. She has helped me on several occasions selling and setting up at card shows that I do. She is the best wife in the world she just likes to nag me a lot and I was wondering if there were other guys out there with a wife like mine. I have shown her many of my more expensive cards, so I think she is coming around to the value of them. I was also surprised to have a female respond to my post, great to see a women now enjoying the hobby. Remember to keep looking for my name in the Obits, and make sure you check my trash. LOL......

[Image: dodgers1-1.jpg]

My wife actually helps me crack the boxes. She nags me if I start busting the packs without including her. She helps me sort through for the yankees stuff then after that she lets me be to my cardboard. She enjoys sports and is a big fan of the YANKEES so the collection doesn't bother her. Actually she fuels the fire more times then not. I do also add to her collection of Coach bags and hello kitty items. Also she knows that the collection will be passed down to the boys and so forth and so forth. Been married going on 8 years been collecting longer so she is really cool about it.

(02-03-2013, 10:40 PM)tate31nym Wrote: If I find a husband that collects we are in big trouble.
haha! I'm there with you! My boyfriend just smiles and nods at me. He is a baseball fan but he does not get the cardboard collecting part.

Looking for numbered inserts of Manny, Nomar, Pedro and Mo Vaughn (Thanks jbel4331)
[Image: aOHTlGK.png]

(02-04-2013, 04:23 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: My wife actually helps me crack the boxes. She nags me if I start busting the packs without including her. She helps me sort through for the yankees stuff then after that she lets me be to my cardboard. She enjoys sports and is a big fan of the YANKEES so the collection doesn't bother her. Actually she fuels the fire more times then not. I do also add to her collection of Coach bags and hello kitty items. Also she knows that the collection will be passed down to the boys and so forth and so forth. Been married going on 8 years been collecting longer so she is really cool about it.
Lucky.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

20 years ago my late wife got into the hobby with me...she tailed off later, but still put up with my "hobby." of course, prices later skyrocketed, so i had to keep it on the down low about how much i spent. then when pokemon cards came in, she had fun busting packs and reselling them on the bay...

so getting your wife/gf involved makes it a little easier to tolerate.

I have told my wife that when I die, to take the cards to one of several dealers I trust (I have a list for her), and have them sell on consignment. That way they have a vested interest in getting the most money possible. I recommend all of you do the same if you don't have any other plans. I used to live in an area with a lot of older collectors, and I saw what happens when plans aren't in place. It really kicks you in the butt when you see an estate sale where a box of 1952 Topps cards has a price of just a few bucks, or when you see a widow walk into a card shop and get paid a few hundred dollars for cards that are worth 10s of thousands.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I got the soon to be wife (in 46 days) into collecting. She collects ginter and non-sports cards of movies and shows she likes, so she is understanding.

She didn't really get it until I had her help open packs and boxes with me, show her how I keep what I want, flip what I can, and responsibly(most of the time) have my fun getting tons of great stuff without spending much money. Now I would never get away with opening packs without her she is hooked on the rush of the big pull.

(02-04-2013, 05:28 PM)jayohhessaych Wrote: I got the soon to be wife (in 46 days) into collecting. She collects ginter and non-sports cards of movies and shows she likes, so she is understanding.

She didn't really get it until I had her help open packs and boxes with me, show her how I keep what I want, flip what I can, and responsibly(most of the time) have my fun getting tons of great stuff without spending much money. Now I would never get away with opening packs without her she is hooked on the rush of the big pull.
Remember this quote from the OP:

"She is the best wife in the world she just likes to nag me a lot and I was wondering if there were other guys out there with a wife like mine"

You still have time! We're not kidding!

My wife doesn't mind as long as they do not take up any closet space. lol
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331