`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
MJ Pickups UPDATED 11/12

RE: Recent MJ Pickups UPDATED 2/13 MOJO!
Nice pick-up!!!
Slam cam is very nice under the right light!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Nice pick ups man...love the PSA 6. Lol

What did you trade for the Slam? I love that card. I myself do not have one yet.

(02-14-2013, 09:52 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Nice pick ups man...love the PSA 6. Lol

What did you trade for the Slam? I love that card. I myself do not have one yet.
I didnt trade for the Slam Cam I bought it. And yeah the PSA 6 isnt great. I only paid $5 for it and only bought it because none of these cards show up graded (unless they are 10's and people want a ton for them). This was literally the first major MJ insert I pulled as a kid and I even remember what kind of box it came out of and even the store I bought it at. The grade isnt as important as the story behind it.
(02-14-2013, 03:20 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Nice pick-up!!!
Slam cam is very nice under the right light!
Yes it is. I am working on getting some displays to display it. One of my favorite cards, simple but very nice!
(02-14-2013, 02:46 AM)aarhart1985 Wrote: beautiful slam cam!
Thanks man!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(02-14-2013, 12:25 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: I didnt trade for the Slam Cam I bought it. And yeah the PSA 6 isnt great. I only paid $5 for it and only bought it because none of these cards show up graded (unless they are 10's and people want a ton for them). This was literally the first major MJ insert I pulled as a kid and I even remember what kind of box it came out of and even the store I bought it at. The grade isnt as important as the story behind it.

Yes it is. I am working on getting some displays to display it. One of my favorite cards, simple but very nice!

Thanks man!
It's all good bro...lol I was makin fun of the comment made earlier by brian.

Nothing wrong with a 6 in my opinion. Who cares about grades really? It's more of a status quo to me.

(02-14-2013, 12:44 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: It's all good bro...lol I was makin fun of the comment made earlier by brian.

Nothing wrong with a 6 in my opinion. Who cares about grades really? It's more of a status quo to me.
For me I have been buying graded cards so I know exactly what I am getting. I find that a lot of sellers say that cards are NRMT-MT. Although this might be true they do not tkae the time to inspect the cards and list any defects. When looking at my raw collection, I found so many cards with huge dents, creases, etc in them when the seller said they were "NRMT-MT." This is partially my fault for not inspecting the cards when I get them but I also tend to trust people too much and when the description says one thing I tend to believe that. To avoid that and to know exactly what I am getting, I am buying mainly graded cards. That and the cards I need for my PC are more high end, so if I am going to spend $150 on a raw version, why not spend an extra 10-20 for the graded and know exactly what I am getting so I am not out $150.

RE: Recent MJ Pickups UPDATED 2/17 MOJO!
Picked up this card about 1.5 weeks ago and it came yesterday. It is a replacement as my copy was pretty badly dinged. Another one of my errors in that I did not check my raw copy when I got it to ensure it is at least in NRMT condition. My copy had a huge crease in the corner that I apparently overlooked.

[Image: 85_zpsd4450af3.jpg]

Oooo solid pickup, especially in a BGS 9.

And yes, you'll have to wait for me to post my new pickup haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(02-17-2013, 03:02 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Oooo solid pickup, especially in a BGS 9.

And yes, you'll have to wait for me to post my new pickup haha.
Haha I figured! Yeah, this card I got for a really good price (I felt). The raw copies go for $35-40 and I got this for $54. Not a huge difference IMO and like I mentioned, at least I know what I am getting with a BGS 9. With an ungraded card (As I experienced before) it could arrive in horrible condition.

RE: Recent MJ Pickups UPDATED 2/23 MORE MOJO!
Here is another one of my big purchases. I sold several smaller MJs to get this card. Kind of a fun process to sell cards I can get anytime for a card that is a little more expensive. The Hot List was a replacement. Let me know what you think!

[Image: 100_3161_zpsdfd9c4a5.jpg]
[Image: 100_3162_zps44f1b96f.jpg]

RE: Recent MJ Pickups UPDATED 2/23 MORE MOJO!
Nice replacements....i love the colorful MJ inserts. I have those raw. Very nice!