`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
HOF'er and Spygate........

HOF'er and Spygate........
So what happens when a well respected Hof'er, SB champ, and analyst expresses his feeling about certain past events?

"Hall of Fame tailback Marshall Faulk, who says he's still upset about his St. Louis Rams being "cheated" out of a Super Bowl 11 years ago in New Orleans due to the New England Patriots' "Spygate" scandal."

Just Sayin......... Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

RE: HOF'er and Spygate........
Some people die bitter...won't be first or last time.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

old story, get over it.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

stupid thing is this: he is STILL basing this on the boston herald story by thomase, which was proven to be complete and utter horse manure. the herald even had to retract the story. there was no videotape of the walkthrough at the super bowl

so marshal faulk - and everyone else that keeps repeating a false story - is an idiot

and as a former pats player said this week: if we had videotape of that, we would have won by 30 points

get the bleep over it, phins. your team sucks and has for a long time, and not because the pats "cheated"
On Feb. 2, 2008, the Boston Herald reported that a member of the New England Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis Rams' walk through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI. While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008 report on sources it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed. - BostonHerald.com

as for spygate in general, ill leave it to the rooney family to say it best:

We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the New England Patriots to be a non-issue. In our opinion, they had no impact on the results of those games. -Pittsburgh Steelers Chairman, Dan Rooney.

oh, and finally: it's key to remember that videotaping was not against the rules until it became official in a 2006 memo. and that almost every team prior to 2006 videotaped. as jimmy johnson (you know, the head coach of ...what team what it? oh yeah, the DOLPHINS) explained:

I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us...what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches.

These players don't know what their coaches are doing, and some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make Belichick right, but a lot of teams are doing this.

The only time we may have gotten an unfair advantage is between 2006 and 1st game of 2007, when the taping of the sidelines was not allowed anymore and we still did it, prior to 2006 there was no issue with it and many other teams were doing it. I know your a phins fan and need to feel better about your team, but this won't help. Instead, look to the fact that you finally have a decent young QB to build around, instead of trying to make others look bad, in the end you just look stupid.

(02-01-2013, 11:07 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: The only time we may have gotten an unfair advantage is between 2006 and 1st game of 2007, when the taping of the sidelines was not allowed anymore and we still did it, prior to 2006 there was no issue with it and many other teams were doing it. I know your a phins fan and need to feel better about your team, but this won't help. Instead, look to the fact that you finally have a decent young QB to build around, instead of trying to make others look bad, in the end you just look stupid.
Just quoting what most people feel and are you directing these comments directly at Faulk also? ... because he obviously believes it and I would take his word. Hes done nothing to discredit his word..... remember it was illeagle long before 2006 so you did still get an un-fair advantage.... lets not forget the real crime of that superbowl was the fact that was the 180 + yards in uncalled unsportsmanship and ileagle hits. but thats another story.

Back to your other point ... Im a fan of the game first and foremost! what the pats did was a slap in the face to the sport and its fans. It was soooo bad that goodell had no choice but to destroy over 70 tapes of very incriminating evidence because anti-trust lawsuits and the Congressional Hearings that would follow.

Now I used to hate the pats but could respect them ... like the bills and jets. ... who wouldnt hate their divisional rival, its only natural.... The difference now is I still HATE the pats ... I just have no respect for them, what they have done and gotten away with.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(02-01-2013, 11:48 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Just quoting what most people feel and are you directing these comments directly at Faulk also? ... because he obviously believes it and I would take his word. Hes done nothing to discredit his word..... remember it was illeagle long before 2006 so you did still get an un-fair advantage.... lets not forget the real crime of that superbowl was the fact that was the 180 + yards in uncalled unsportsmanship and ileagle hits. but thats another story.
i did. and you are oblivious to facts

They cheated, got caught, it was covered up, end of story. Really nothing you can do now. Though it shows stupidity and/or arrogance to do it again after getting caught the first time. They built a dynasty and gained a ton of bandwagon fans in spite of it so it was a win/win for New England and worth the penalty. Certain teams seem to benefit more than others for one reason or another from rule changes, non calls, and cover ups.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.