`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE

TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE
i made a pretty large amount of trade recently for PC items but i am now running low on trade bait. looking for anything and everything.

Need your guys opinion.

should i go to card shows for trade bait or trade on Beckett.

also what card shows near long island are good to go to.

RE: TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE
Card shows on the island are horrible at best. Overpriced and obnoxious rude vendors is the norm.
I find the best way at local shows in these parts is to pull a hundred dollar bill out when their wives are crying to leave to get dinner ready and pops is putting his stuff away about 15 minutes before the show ends and point to some of his best stuff, more then likely you will be walking away with a stack of awesome cards with his wife telling you where they will be next week.
Hofstra U, has shows almost weekly and usually with MLB or former MLB guys signing among other athletes.
I know of the VFW in Centereach has shows often, they are small but you can get some good deals with the guys there.
Ever since SportPlus closed down there are no real big shows in Suffolk anymore very often. The Hilton on 110 has shows that are pretty good as well.

I just sent you a trade offer for everything I am interested in (worth more that a nickel). Just to be clear, I dont expect to trade for all of it. Look through my org and add what you like and delete whatever from what I like and send it back to me. We are both Yankee collectors so that may be a stale mate, and I usually only trade jeter for jeter but feel free to shoot me any offers, I have thick skin and wont get offended. Maybe this could give you some solid trade bait or even PC stuff. Looking forward to your counter... Thanks.
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

(01-31-2013, 06:48 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: i made a pretty large amount of trade recently for PC items but i am now running low on trade bait. looking for anything and everything.

Need your guys opinion.

should i go to card shows for trade bait or trade on Beckett.

also what card shows near long island are good to go to.
I don't know anything about long island card shows, but you should be able to pick up decent bait at any show--for the right price. Keep your eye on out-of-market serially-numbered stuff that might not sell so well locally, but that you could trade to people across the country on Beckett. -For example, if you find any great deals (25% or less of BV) on Nick Castellanos, or Justin Verlander, or Miguel Cabrera, you can be certain that you can trade it to me (and plenty of other people on Beckett) fairly easily.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(01-31-2013, 07:23 PM)dimarco73 Wrote: Card shows on the island are horrible at best. Overpriced and obnoxious rude vendors is the norm.
I find the best way at local shows in these parts is to pull a hundred dollar bill out when their wives are crying to leave to get dinner ready and pops is putting his stuff away about 15 minutes before the show ends and point to some of his best stuff, more then likely you will be walking away with a stack of awesome cards with his wife telling you where they will be next week.
Hofstra U, has shows almost weekly and usually with MLB or former MLB guys signing among other athletes.
I know of the VFW in Centereach has shows often, they are small but you can get some good deals with the guys there.
Ever since SportPlus closed down there are no real big shows in Suffolk anymore very often. The Hilton on 110 has shows that are pretty good as well.
thanks for the advice do you live in Suffolk.

bump!!!