`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Who has the best/worst signature?

RE: Who has the best/worst signature?
I think it's great when the player actually puts in enough effort so that you can read his name and know who it is without having to look at the picture. Some of my favorites:

As for the worst? I saw a Jonathan Papelbon sig a while ago where there were only four letters and none of them were English.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-29-2013, 08:57 AM)dhendrix1303 Wrote: I've always loved Jeter and Chipper's auto.
Lance Lynn has the laziest auto and worst IMO.
Totally agree ... Jeter's is tough to make out, but distinctive.
Lance is one of the worst.

Another favorite I just thought of ... Mariano Rivera ... real nice auto.
(01-29-2013, 11:20 AM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: Jason Kipnis' auto is one of my personal favorites. It's right in that sweet spot of being unique but not sloppy or unreadable.
As far as worst: To me, if it looks like a player just isn't creative with his signature or its real sloppy I hate it. A guy like Billy Hamilton comes to mind as what I'm going for.
Kipnis is pretty good .. never really noticed it as a stand out, but now you mention it ....pretty, pretty good!

BH is a bad sig .... lazy? Maybe. Too many sigs that day? Maybe. Who knows ... wonder if there's a better example out there?

(01-29-2013, 11:22 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I love Dennis Eckersley's auto, and for some reason I like Drew Storen's sig even though it looks nothing like his name.
Wow, yeah, I forgot all about Ecks! Storen's auto looks more like some logo or something, but not bad ... it's unique. I also like Ubaldo Jimenez' sig ... it looks like an O and a v, but it's fairly consistent and identifiable ...but like you mention about Billy Hamilton ... easy to forge (i'd guess)

(01-29-2013, 11:22 AM)Haze28 Wrote: Carlos Gonzalez' auto confuses me, it looks like it could be a motorcycle.
LOL. ... yeah, now that you mention it, it does look like a Motorcycle. I just thought he liked circles. Smile

(01-29-2013, 11:22 AM)Haze28 Wrote: All time worst
Ryne Sandberg, it looks like a long line of scribbles and it seems to be getting worse over the years.
Billy Hamilton has the laziest auto and if he ever gets super famous it will be very easy to forge.
I don't remember Sandberg's and I don't have any either. I'll have to look that one up.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I love Killebrew's. Matt Lindstrom's is awful.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-29-2013, 11:27 AM)greekgoony Wrote: I think Musial , Bench and Mazersoski have some of the nicer sigs
Stan ... classic. Bench ... Bold.
Mazeroski? .... as a true Yankee fan, I'm not allowed to like anything about him. Smile but his sig is .... acceptable.

(01-29-2013, 11:27 AM)greekgoony Wrote: The man is a legend but Willie Mays signature is just weird
That's what kinda prompted this discussion for me ... I just got a card with Willie's sig and couldn't figure it out at all. But since he's legendary, I couldn't 'out' him.
(01-29-2013, 11:30 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I think Mays sig is a little strange because he is going blind.
Well, that's just sad. I feel lousy hearing that ... I feel bad for anyone in that situation, but it just seems even worse knowing that's happening to Willie Mays.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I like his G:
[Image: 1B03DD11-81FF-49E8-B2C3-A3E120B184BF-102...2A85FB.jpg]

This is a joke:
[Image: tjgrahaminception.jpg]

Pretty rough here:
[Image: spahnauto.jpg]

Love the star:
[Image: bauerleafbgs.jpg]

(01-29-2013, 01:08 PM)zeprock Wrote: I think it's great when the player actually puts in enough effort so that you can read his name and know who it is without having to look at the picture. Some of my favorites:
As for the worst? I saw a Jonathan Papelbon sig a while ago where there were only four letters and none of them were English.
All great examples. Thanks!
Reggie Jackson would be another great auto. Fancy, yet legible.
Mariano Rivera, I mentioned before ... his sig is .... elegant.
(01-29-2013, 05:16 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I love Killebrew's. Matt Lindstrom's is awful.
Funny you mentioned Lindstrom ... the first time I got his auto on a card I really thought that the auto sticker was put on the wrong card! It looked like someone else .... even the first initial of each name didn't look like an M or an L. I need to find that card and post it. It's bad.

I got his IP and it is just swirls.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(01-29-2013, 08:59 AM)mdavison Wrote: Love Jeter and Chipper but Rollie Fingers has an AWESOME sig! (i'm at work so i can't post a pic)
Harper and Elvis Andrus both have retarded looking autos...
Funny, Elvis has my favorite auto.

[Image: bestworst.jpg]

Profar has the worst -blah- but wouldnt stop me from grabbin them up
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

You don't know bad until you have seen this guy...

http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2002/...00/2456375

That's pretty bad, lcm1223.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.