`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Questions about 1985 Jewel Prism MJ

Questions about 1985 Jewel Prism MJ
So I just picked this one up for my PC after much searching. I love my cards slabbed, especially my MJs, but was unable to find a graded copy so I settled for a clean ungraded one.

I was thinking about getting it slabbed but noticed the few that have sold look to be in over sized holders. Does anyone have a graded Prism Jewel and if so, could you confirm that these are over sized slabs? I keep my best/favorite MJs in a wall display and if the holder won't fit, I am leaving it raw.

Thanks.

RE: Questions about 1985 Jewel Prism MJ
I've seen a couple graded and it is in an oversized slab, like the one below. Also If you look at the picture below notice it is a different version of the 85 prism the (small prism) version. I think you are the same person who showed a picture of yours and it is the (large prism) version. If you send it in to be graded you should distinguish between the two, not sure BGS has quite figured that out yet.

[Image: mjprism.jpg]
 photo mjheader.jpg

(01-28-2013, 11:52 AM)zinger82 Wrote: I've seen a couple graded and it is in an oversized slab, like the one below. Also If you look at the picture below notice it is a different version of the 85 prism the (small prism) version. I think you are the same person who showed a picture of yours and it is the (large prism) version. If you send it in to be graded you should distinguish between the two, not sure BGS has quite figured that out yet.

[Image: mjprism.jpg]
I am the one that posted the scan of the large prism. Love the smaller but really have no preference between the two. Is that beauty yours?

I was going to send it in but I think I will keep it ungraded. I have a great Kareem RC but its slabbed by PSA and its huge. Just so hard to display it.

I love having the Prism next to my early Fleer and Star MJs. Its for my PC and won't be going anywhere any time soon Wink It won't fit in a one touch, any recommendations on something nicer than a card saver for it?

Unfortunately that one is not mine, but this one is. It has large prisms like yours.

[Image: Untitled.jpg]
 photo mjheader.jpg

User...i think urs is the regular size version.