`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
which case to get?

which case to get?
i am trying to get back into the hobby and dont know what i should get. I have around $1000, but could push to $1200...here are a list of cases in might be able to get

2012 bowman sterling 4 box-$1200
2012 pannini balck 5 box case-$850
2012 certified 8 box-$650
2011 certified 8 box-$630
2011 topps 5 star 3 box-$1000
2011 topps supreme 16 box-$1200
2010 limited 15 box-$1000
2010 topps triple threads 9 box-$1200

any advice would be welcomed Smile thanks!

RE: which case to get?
2011 Certified - Very hot Rookie Class right now and was a good overall product.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

2011 Limited, saw it for about the same price as the 2010 you quoted. Get good value for a case.

None... Buy singles!!Smile you could get some sweet cards for $1000!!!

this is a problem i would love to have right now
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

go with the 11 certified and use the rest of the cash on singles!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-21-2013, 10:55 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: this is a problem i would love to have right now

1+

I think the supreme and Five star will hold their value but either certified would be fun to break.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

Avoid Bowman Sterling, Limited, Five Star and Supreme. They are hit or miss cases/boxes. Meaning you may hit something good, but most of the time you are going to hit something of significantly less money than what you put into them.

I would say go with 2011 Certified, still leaves you with over $300, to use on single cards you would like. Figure out who you want to collect, or a specific team, or maybe even a collection of players. Let say hall of fame, then keep your sights aimed on Hall of Fame players.

Best of luck to you, in getting back to collecting. Its a horribly addicting hobby.

These products are all very different. It depends on what you are looking for. Five Star will have the best chance for a big hit. I think Black would probably have the best odds of getting you a Luck or Griffin patch auto if I am not mistaken. Supreme and Five Star would probably also be your best shot at veteran autos. (Some of these are rookie hits ONLY.) If your motivation is to sell and try to make a profit, stick to singles. That won't happen. On average, you will probably end up with a sell value of 50%-75% of what you pay for the case. The case busting is just a whole lot more fun than buying singles. :-)

I'd look at buying a case of 2008 product (Certified, Limited, etc). But I do collect Earl Bennett so maybe I'm biased.
Autos: 230/270=85.2% complete! Only 8 non 1/1's left!
Total: 614/643=95.5% only 29 non 1/1's to go 1/1's: 60/160=37.5%
[Image: tdwright13bennettbanner.jpg]