Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Thread Competition Spectators Page Wk 4
Big Grin 
The Great Thread Competition Spectators Page Wk 4
Hello and welcome back to the Thread for the ones watching the race.

Last week I placed everyone in the order that I BELIEVED was winning:
1.Emory
2.DontPray
3.Randall44 & Leccero
5.Dbrookerd & Neifert

Lets look, in no particular order, and see the moves that were made within the week and are current shall we.....

Emory: Since last post he since has traded the Ellsbury relic for a 2012 topps chrome Andre Ethier Red Refractor /25 then traded for a 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson that is available FT....

Dbrookerd: Since last post he traded the Van Slyke Auto for... ready??? are you ready???.. A 1959 Topps Stan "The Man" Musial (R.I.P.)
which he has traded that one for a 1959 Topps Roberto Clemente PSA 5, which has also been traded for a 2003 Donruss Signature Greg Maddux AUTOGRAPH /50 which also will be traded for a 2012 Bowman Platinum Yu Darvish AUTOGRAPH Blue Refractor.... ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!

Neifiet: Since last week the 2008 Topps Triple Threads Joey Votto RC Sapphire #/25 has been moved for a 2012 Topps Five Star David Freese autograph and is currently FT.

DontPray: Since last weeks offering of a 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC, he is now currently offering a 2002 FLEER BOX SCORE BAT RACK TRIOS #9 BONDS/DUNN/CHIPPER currently available FT.

Lecerro: Since entertaining offers with a 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout RC it has moved in exchange for a 2010 topps triple threads DAVID WRIGHT #R28 /36 Now available FT....

Randall: Seems like the 2011 Topps Marquee Titanic Threads Starlin Castro #/99 is still available FT...

So based off of what I have seen so far I would place this race in the order as follows:

1. Dbrookerd- Last week I said, "looks like he might have to hit the "reset".... Not the case this week. He managed to make the moves that have skyrocket him to the top. Kudos to the moves he made. Once the pending trades happen. He will be on top while the rest look up to catch up!.

2. Dont Pray- Now in the relic realm, this one is the strongest of the 3 currently being offered. I believe it can be the first to be traded for a nice Autograph. (The names on this card placed him in this position.)

3. (close 2) Emory- Still being active. Finding the right trades/cards. Although the RH rookie is not in best shape (far from it) hopefully it doesnt effect his movin on up! For that reason he was bumped to third on my list. (Bad condition for a great card)

4. Lecerro- Also in the Relic realm. Doesnt have BV as high as others in the competition but needs to find that (W)right Mets collector to bolster it up into the Autograph realm which other competitors are already there.

5. Neifert- Slow week for him although he did make a move into the autograph realm. Keep it there and can continously move up. Placed in this position for the infamous condition of these cards.

6. Randall44 No movement from this trade in the week 3 of the challenge (maybe because the trades to catch up have been slow?) but still has a nice relic of a great shortstop available but like the other 3 relics, Needs to move into the autograph realm to catch up.
-might have to PC it and hit the RESET button but I have been wrong Smile

Good luck to those in the race. Hope your having as much fun trading as I am watching and commenting. This is STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION and no disrespect to those who are involved in the race and this IS NOT official judging for the Thread itself. Only an outside point of view to those who are intrested...

With that being said what do you think?
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

RE: The Great Thread Competition Spectators Page Wk 4
We have yet to elect out 3 judges for this competition. If anyone has any great suggestions let me know. I have asked franciscomarina to consider being a judge but he has yet to make a decision. I'd like the judges to be members who are impartial and have no real strong trade relations with any of the 6 members.

I don't wanna say it has to be someone who hasn't made a trade in this competition because I don't wanna discourage members from playing along, but I do want traders who are impartial.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I think daddys lil all star has a case for being a judge he looks at all traders and puts their position into perspective....plus the fans page for commentary is great!

(01-21-2013, 08:25 PM)EmoryB Wrote: I think daddys lil all star has a case for being a judge he looks at all traders and puts their position into perspective....plus the fans page for commentary is great!

It's being discussed.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(01-21-2013, 08:25 PM)EmoryB Wrote: I think daddys lil all star has a case for being a judge he looks at all traders and puts their position into perspective....plus the fans page for commentary is great!
Agreed. The commentary is awesome; reading it I almost felt as if I was listening to a horse race (for some weird reason). Seems as though he'd be a stellar choice for the position. In any case the competition is great, although I'd love to be participating Sad Maybe next time.
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

Just moved the Freese auto for a Van Slyke 1993 Finest Refractor. Love the weekly updates!! I as well think daddys lil all star should be a judge.