`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Momentary Excitement?! JFK Signature?!?!?!

Momentary Excitement?! JFK Signature?!?!?!
So, we were going through some stuff around the house while cleaning up and whatnot. I came across an old envelope that said The White House in the left hand corner and it was addressed to my grandmother. I looked inside and it was a letter sending condolences on the death of my grandfather signed by JOHN F. Kennedy!!!

Upon further inspection, however, I'm starting to think it is a stamp. It's very dark. But we were thinking that it's only been removed from the envelope maybe a few other times since '63(the year my grandfather died) and it may have stayed clean. My other "optimistic" thought was did the President stamp his signature back then?

I uploaded some pics into my bucket of the document and then a close-up of the signature.

What do you guys think? Signature? Stamp? Should I try to get it authenticated or save my money incase it's not signed?

Thanks!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

RE: Momentary Excitement?! JFK Signature?!?!?!
Auto pen
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Hard to say. -When I zoom in, it becomes too pixelated. In any event, that's really awesome (and very collectible in any event). I'm sure it holds more value to your family than anyone else. Congrats on a neat find!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

elberson- A friend of mine said auto pen as well

uvaspina- Yea, not looking to get rid of it as it is a cool family memento. Would be cool if it were real though.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

I'd say do some research and if there is any chance it's real spend the money. Small risk for huge reward IMO.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Google autopen and click on the wickipedia sight and in the top right corner is a picture of the autopen model 50 which it says was used "extensively" by JFK to duplicate his signature. Either way it is still a very cool family heirloom.

I think it is autopenned, but it can't hurt to do some research.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Still has got to be worth something anyways, nice piece of history.

You need that guy Rick call in on 'Pawn Stars' to come in for a look Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(01-22-2013, 08:30 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: You need that guy Rick call in on 'Pawn Stars' to come in for a look Smile
pawn stars? oh hell no. call Les Gold at American Jewelry and Loan (straight from the D!)

[Image: img024zd.jpg]