`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need opinions on my PC..help me out

Need opinions on my PC..help me out
I am working on a Lifetime Project. I am trying to acquire and autograph of every elected starter and replacement if starter for every All-Star from the year I was born (1980) until present. I have also additionally added every HOFer elected by the writers committee, every major award winner (Cy, MVP, etc.), every World Series MVP, every Home Run Derby Winner, and some others.

Anyway onto my point. I try to make them all on card autos if available. If not I take a cut, if that isn't available I take the good old sticker. If a sticker isn't available I add and IP or TTM auto and will have it PSA/DNA or JSA certified. Now comes my question! With the release of Leaf History of Baseball in 2012 I have about 23 players who now have a certified autograph (technically). Tristar Signa Cuts also seems to have a few guys floating around in it as well.

My question is which is better to have in the PC long term. I enjoy value but also enjoy being able to look at the cards if possible. Which would you rather have in your PC or if you'd rather say which would you think belongs better in my PC. Please rank these.
Tristar Signa Cuts
Leaf History if Baseball Cuts
PSA/DNA or JSA Certified IP/TTM

Here is an example of all 3 choices.
PSA/DNA
[Image: scan0006-1.jpg]

Tristar Signa Cut
[Image: scan0075-2.jpg]

Leaf History of Baseball
[Image: scan0034-3.jpg]

All help is appreciated.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: Need opinions on my PC..help me out
First of all - that is one doozy of a project (but awesome) and good luck! Second of all, from a pc standpoint, i would think the history of baseball would be the last choice - if that example holds true as I don't claim to have any knowledge whatsoever of that set - no picture or anything, just the auto - makes me want to store it someplace and never look at it again. BUT, that is my personal opinion. I do like the idea of the IP PSA/DNA if you have to, as in addition to the card, you also get to meet the signer (when possible). So my ranking would be the PSA/DNA, followed by tristar, then history of baseball.

I would have to think that a project of this nature, and because I am such a baseball nut, that value would take a back seat in some circumstances.

(01-21-2013, 10:07 AM)Bntownfan Wrote: First of all - that is one doozy of a project (but awesome) and good luck! Second of all, from a pc standpoint, i would think the history of baseball would be the last choice - if that example holds true as I don't claim to have any knowledge whatsoever of that set - no picture or anything, just the auto - makes me want to store it someplace and never look at it again. BUT, that is my personal opinion. I do like the idea of the IP PSA/DNA if you have to, as in addition to the card, you also get to meet the signer (when possible). So my ranking would be the PSA/DNA, followed by tristar, then history of baseball.

I would have to think that a project of this nature, and because I am such a baseball nut, that value would take a back seat in some circumstances.
I have made strides in my progress shockingly. I am down to less then 70 cards I need to be 100% complete through 2012. I just can't decide on some of these whether to try for IP/Leaf Cuts/or watch for Signa Cuts.

1. PSA/DNA
2. Leaf History
3. TriStar Signa Cuts

This is how I'd rank them, but for me 2nd/3rd are well below 1st.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

I agree with Texan1985's ranking. Only, for me, 2 and 3 aren't as far behind.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-21-2013, 10:47 AM)Texan1985 Wrote: 1. PSA/DNA
2. Leaf History
3. TriStar Signa Cuts

This is how I'd rank them, but for me 2nd/3rd are well below 1st.
That is one heck of a project, and nice job making so much progress! I agree with @Texan1985 here, for me personally. I'd even put the TriStar Signa Cuts down even further. I prefer to see a ballplayer in action on a card, but that's just me. But hey, you can always opt for what is available initially, and "fine tune" those cards to your preference as you go along?
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

I am for the slabbed authentication over anything. With the amount of cards in this lifetime project collection how would you store them. I would assume you put all card in top loaders then do you put them in the 4 pocket pages or boxes?

(01-21-2013, 02:35 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: I am for the slabbed authentication over anything. With the amount of cards in this lifetime project collection how would you store them. I would assume you put all card in top loaders then do you put them in the 4 pocket pages or boxes?

Currently in boxes and its about 5 of the long 3 row show boxes.

I really don't like the Tristar stuff. The other two, I would take PSA/DNA over the Leaf.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

PSA first in my book simply because i like having an officially licensed MLB card.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector