`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1989 Fleer Randy Johnson red tint or Marlboro?

RE: 1989 Fleer Randy Johnson red tint or Marlboro?
From the scan hard to say but if I had to guess its a black out box in the box. Id say 90% sure of it.

Be better to guess if card was out of the toploader and pic taken with a camera in the day light I say

I think its red tint.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Hmmmmm if you stare at it you can make out Marlboro.

Im pretty sure I have the red tint version of the Randy Johnson I post a picture later in the day. You can bump it against mine.
Be advised Im the military currently stationed overseas. My shipping could take 7-10 days. However, I will ship all my trades priority mail with DC hopefully this will hurry the process. There is no additional cost shipping to me overseas. I have U.S. address on the military base i am stationed at.

These are the two versions I own

not sure what to consider this one:

[Image: IMG_1678_zpsb9aed1d0.jpg]

This is two scans of the 2nd

This one looks to be a red tint version but the picture almost makes it look green you guys tell me:

Red Tint?
[Image: IMG_1675_zps4768a082.jpg]
2nd scan looks green?
[Image: IMG_1668_zps9b606cc8.jpg]
Be advised Im the military currently stationed overseas. My shipping could take 7-10 days. However, I will ship all my trades priority mail with DC hopefully this will hurry the process. There is no additional cost shipping to me overseas. I have U.S. address on the military base i am stationed at.

I have two of them with the marlboro obscured and one blocked out in red.I think I'll send them into Beckett to have them slabbed[Image: randy0_zps26a2852b.jpg]
[Image: randy0_zps26a2852b-1_zps7c4f8c56.jpg]
Anyway,Thanks to everyone that's commented.I have a factory set of the 89 Fleer and I broke the seal,Found the Johnson and Ripken,Both are blacked out
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

The "standard" that BGS and PSA use is both outdated and very oversimplified. Both companies label error cards as the common card, call the exact same card different versions and really struggle in general with this card and its many many versions. PSA labels cards with hardly any tinting at all "Ad obscured" and cards with much more tinting "Ad on Scoreboard". I'll try to post some images of examples of how convoluted the grading companies are with these cards. I have some photos and info about the cards on this facebook page link too.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/1989-Flee...676&type=1