`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! Two rare 90s parallels w/ scan 12-31!
(01-01-2015, 11:33 AM)altz11 Wrote: I need to buy more unopened boxes lol.

haha for $8 a box I'd do it all day long! It was a bizarre hybrid box, it had 95-96 UD cards but also I think 4 SP Championship cards per pack. I'd never seen/heard of it, and obviously not too many other collectors had either since I got it so cheap.

Definitely don't come out ahead that often, but this was an enjoyable exception. Even got a second E.C. gold card in the box of Glenn Robinson and a couple MJ Collection inserts.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: MJ maildays! Two rare 90s parallels w/ scan 12-31!
1-card update today. Nothing major, but one of my favorite 90s card, and definitely my favorite card of MJ's in the #45 jersey, which is why I had to have it in gem mint!

[Image: MJemotiongemmint001_zps56763dd3.jpg]
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

RE: MJ maildays: An "emotion"al update w/scan 1-28!
I always liked the jordan emotion card. Very cool looking set and I think it's one of his base cards that is undervalued, but then again there are a bunch floating around.

Years ago I bought my older brothers' basketball card collection and saw the emotion card and thought "jackpot". I looked it up in a Beckett and saw it had a bv of like $12 lol. For some reason I thought it was worth like 60-80.

Nice addition buck, I still need a gym copy in my pc.

The emotion cards are nice, great photo selection.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

I remember when these came out they were $5 a pack and I was like 11. The card shop I went to was literally a block from my house and if you wanted to spend over $5 he called your parents to make sure it was ok haha. I pulled the MJ NTense insert from the very first pack I tried and was absolutely hooked!

That's awesome. The card shop owner seems like a real standup guy to call the parents to make sure if the kids could spend that much money. Most people wouldn't think twice about taking the 5 bucks from a kid.

$5 is still a lot of money to me man. I found a one dollar coin in the parking garage on campus a few weeks back and was stoked lol. To an 11-year old in 1995? Big-time!

(01-29-2015, 03:23 PM)buckunteer Wrote: $5 is still a lot of money to me man. I found a one dollar coin in the parking garage on campus a few weeks back and was stoked lol. To an 11-year old in 1995? Big-time!
Really like the MJ Buck! You arent kidding about the $5 lol. I was literally thinking today why I never bought Topps Chrome back in 96 and was like oh yea I think they were like 15-20 bucks a pack lol. I was like 10 at the time and that was the whole amount my parents would let me spend in one visit! haha good times.

I remember back in 98-99 I was really into 98-99 fleer tradition. I must have bought like 3-4 boxes and tons of packs. Come to find out I was buying the retail packs and basically just throwing my money away looking for big hits like playmakers theatre, electrifying and classic 61. I think they were like $60 a box. I should have bought some skybox metal instead!

Great title Buck! I knew that would be the card and I was so excited to open the thread an see it! I loved this stuff. I remember saving up for a week just to go down to the LCS and buy one pack. I would then run to the nearest Beckett and drool over the values of each base card. Great pickup! I have a few Zo's in my PC. I think I need to go chase all the Celtics from this set.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]