`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! Very mid-90s-ish update w/ scan 10-26!
Nice pickups Buck!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Had about $55 paypal from some sales burning a hole in my collecting pocket, ended up with these (plus a Buckeye auto!). More BGS 9 pickups, including a refractor, everyone knows I love me some refractors. Enjoy!

[Image: newMJs12-27001_zps5e5171b2.jpg]
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-27-2014, 11:24 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Had about $55 paypal from some sales burning a hole in my collecting pocket, ended up with these (plus a Buckeye auto!). More BGS 9 pickups, including a refractor, everyone knows I love me some refractors. Enjoy!

[Image: newMJs12-27001_zps5e5171b2.jpg]
Great pickups man! I actually just picked up the Holding Court Refractor as well. I had a BGS 8 and sold it for $33 and replaced it with a PSA 9 for $35. I actaully have always liked that MJ Hot Stuff card. Doesnt have a huge BV but it is a card I have always liked. The No Boundaries card is also under appreciated as well.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: MJ maildays! More new BGS 9s w/ scan 12-27!
Like usual, sweet cards!
I love the No Boundaries card and couldn't agree more with Nick, it is very underappreciated. Anything from skybox is solid imo. Hot stuff if pretty sweet too.
I don't know what it is Buck, but I just can't get into refractors. I guess part of it is they're really expensive lol. I have however, been looking up some old finest (93-94 finest) mj lower grade refractors, I'm thinking (and only thinking) about adding some to my collection but can't quite pull the trigger.
anyway keep up the good work.

Nice 90s stuff Buck! Who was the Buckeye auto you nabbed?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

the Buckeye auto was Hopalong Cassady (1955 Heisman winner)! I also agree that that no boundaries MJ is undervalued/underappreciated. Higher-end product, solid design. I also DESPERATELY want the natural born thrillers MJ insert from that 95-96 e-xl set, just haven't found an affordable one yet.

And altz you're right- MJ refractors are crazy expensive. I've been fortunate to pull a lot of mine because they're pricey on the secondary market, especially if graded well. I've pulled the 97-98 chrome season's best refractor, 95-96 topps mystery finest refractor (that one as a kid, HUGE pull!), and 3 out of the 10 or so boxes of 97-98 bowman's best i've busted: base refractor, mirror image refractor and best techniques atomic refractor. Two of those graded out at BGS 9.5 too!

I think that's why the primary goal of my Mitch PC is to get 1 of every refractor made of his (51/57 at the moment) because there are just so many pricey MJ refractors I'd have to win the lottery to get them all!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

I did NOT expect this package until after the new year, but it's got a couple sweet parallels. I don't normally pick up raw MJs, but I have to when they are uber-expensive like one of these!

[Image: newMJs12-31001_zps2623eb70.jpg]

Got the tiffany for $45- raw ones typically fetch $70! Totally stoked. Thanks for looking!

RE: MJ maildays! Two rare 90s parallels w/ scan 12-31!
Love the fleer tiffany. I even really like the regular base card. Both cards look very sharp, possible 9's maybe even higher on the electric court.
You plan on submitting them?

I agree! I have the base, crystal, and tiffany variations now, it's a stellar card to be sure!

I think they're both 9s, but yeah they're definitely being sent in. It's rare that I have an MJ that books over $25 that I don't have slabbed- usually it's because I just can't afford to send them all in so I have to pick and choose as I send in a lot of my Mitches as well.

I actually pulled one of these major attractions electric court gold MJ from a box I literally stole on ebay...$8 delivered! Sent it in and it got a gem mint! Hoping for similar luck this time around.

(01-01-2015, 11:27 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I actually pulled one of these major attractions electric court gold MJ from a box I literally stole on ebay...$8 delivered! Sent it in and it got a gem mint! Hoping for similar luck this time around.

I need to buy more unopened boxes lol.