`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! new add 1/1 style w/ scan 8-6!
Nice card man. An auto and a 1/1 within a couple weeks is impressive. I love these platinum cards. My MJ 1/1 is just a boring printing plate. Isnt buying singles like this much better than wax? Smile

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(08-06-2013, 04:45 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Nice card man. An auto and a 1/1 within a couple weeks is impressive. I love these platinum cards. My MJ 1/1 is just a boring printing plate. Isnt buying singles like this much better than wax? Smile
haha yes and no. Pulling an MJ refractor feels better than buying the 1/1 straight up...but obviously the singles are WAY less risk and I enjoy beefing up my collection w/o the risk!

I actually just goofed though. Bid on 5 graded MJs last night, throwing out my usual less-than-half-of-bv bids that rarely win. I won four of them. Gotta sell sell sell now!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(08-06-2013, 05:01 PM)buckunteer Wrote: haha yes and no. Pulling an MJ refractor feels better than buying the 1/1 straight up...but obviously the singles are WAY less risk and I enjoy beefing up my collection w/o the risk!

I actually just goofed though. Bid on 5 graded MJs last night, throwing out my usual less-than-half-of-bv bids that rarely win. I won four of them. Gotta sell sell sell now!
Which cards did yoy win? I might be interested. Send me a PM.

(08-06-2013, 05:39 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Which cards did yoy win? I might be interested. Send me a PM.
They were all new ones, no replacements. That's why it was a goof I don't have raw ones to recoup some of the cash lol.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(08-06-2013, 05:59 PM)buckunteer Wrote: They were all new ones, no replacements. That's why it was a goof I don't have raw ones to recoup some of the cash lol.
Oh gotcha. I thought you meant they were cards you wanted to get rid of. What were they?

couple CC platinum player's club cards, Z-force vortex insert and the gem was the 96-97 ex net assets insert. It was on my top 10 want list. Two are 8.5s, two are 9s.

Just saw your recent updates man! Congrats on the 1/1 and the auto pickup! Great pickups man, the auto has been a long time coming!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(08-06-2013, 06:13 PM)buckunteer Wrote: couple CC platinum player's club cards, Z-force vortex insert and the gem was the 96-97 ex net assets insert. It was on my top 10 want list. Two are 8.5s, two are 9s.
Glad i passed on bidding on those cards hehe

(08-06-2013, 07:19 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Glad i passed on bidding on those cards hehe
no you were SUPPOSED to bid on them because rarely do my less-than-half-of-bv bids win on graded MJs that book $50+ lol I figured, at most, I'd get both of the platinum player's club ones. Now the selling needs to kick into overdrive haha.

I guess the 1/1 is OK Smile Is the Ginn on the football boards? Would love to see it.
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United