`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! new scan 7-29!
I lucked out on this one big time. I was doing a "Michael Jordan auto" search multiple times per day on the 'bay. This one was first up on the newly listed for a buy it now of $350 when I ran another search a few days ago. I clicked on it to put it on my watch list, and the price immediately went to $300. Free shipping, came in that one-touch holder too. Now I would rather have an old school and/or Bulls auto, but there was no way I wasn't pulling the trigger for that good a price! I bought it immediately.

Believe it or not, after all the stuff I've bought (Magic/Bird dual, all of those Mitches, Mullin auto, etc.) I STILL had about $75 in my paypal account after this purchase! That money is now gone though with one more SICK MJ add that will be here in a couple weeks, overseas shipping...so impatient for it haha.

And it does feel pretty awesome to have an MJ auto, particularly one that isn't a sticker so you know he touched it, as bizarre as that probably sounds haha. Maybe down the road I will try to pick up an old-school one and sell this as my starting point, but for right now I will enjoy it!

I will probably send it in too, since you asked. I think it's a 9. Not sure how the auto will grade. It's decent but a bit of the M goes off the letter onto the white, and he's been getting sloppy w/ his last name the last couple years. UD is wearing him out haha.

Thanks for the comment man!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(07-29-2013, 05:35 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I lucked out on this one big time. I was doing a "Michael Jordan auto" search multiple times per day on the 'bay. This one was first up on the newly listed for a buy it now of $350 when I ran another search a few days ago. I clicked on it to put it on my watch list, and the price immediately went to $300. Free shipping, came in that one-touch holder too. Now I would rather have an old school and/or Bulls auto, but there was no way I wasn't pulling the trigger for that good a price! I bought it immediately.

Believe it or not, after all the stuff I've bought (Magic/Bird dual, all of those Mitches, Mullin auto, etc.) I STILL had about $75 in my paypal account after this purchase! That money is now gone though with one more SICK MJ add that will be here in a couple weeks, overseas shipping...so impatient for it haha.

And it does feel pretty awesome to have an MJ auto, particularly one that isn't a sticker so you know he touched it, as bizarre as that probably sounds haha. Maybe down the road I will try to pick up an old-school one and sell this as my starting point, but for right now I will enjoy it!

I will probably send it in too, since you asked. I think it's a 9. Not sure how the auto will grade. It's decent but a bit of the M goes off the letter onto the white, and he's been getting sloppy w/ his last name the last couple years. UD is wearing him out haha.

Thanks for the comment man!
That is a steal man! 300 for a Jordan auto is a great price! What card did you buy from overseas?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I'll leave that as a surprise...but it's numbered really really low!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(07-29-2013, 08:07 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I'll leave that as a surprise...but it's numbered really really low!
Ha ha thats fine. I ask only because I got outbid by 1 dollar on a card from overseas so I was just checking to see if you beat me or not. But if your card is serial numbered that it wasnt the same card.

Gotcha. And seriously...it's numbered REALLY low haha. Nice pickups in your thread as well Nick. Those old school Jerry West selects inserts are tough to find in even half-decent shape!

(07-30-2013, 10:31 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Gotcha. And seriously...it's numbered REALLY low haha. Nice pickups in your thread as well Nick. Those old school Jerry West selects inserts are tough to find in even half-decent shape!
Did you pick up your first 1/1 Smile If so that is awesome! You do not have to tell me though. Yeah, I had all 4 but they were pretty rough. I picked up each of the BGS 8.5's for 6.99 from the same seller. Not too bad IMO.

Gosh that auto is a beauty! Can't wait to see your 1/1 Smile
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

First off, if you haven't, please check my page 7 update...I miraculously picked up an MJ auto for $300 delivered and my Rodman Grand Finale sale money was still in my paypal so it covered it all!

Now onto today's remarkable update...my first MJ 1/1!! Enjoy!

[Image: MJ1of1001_zps94051750.jpg]

I was so stoked to pick up an old school 1/1 MJ! They made platinum parallels of all 90 of these cards, so they aren't as desirable as a standard 1/1, but I am definitely not complaining! Not sure why it wasn't just slabbed as authentic since that little die-cut piece is a little rough which is why it got an 8, but I'll probably leave it as is.

I have one other 1/1 in my PC, it's a Ted Ginn autoed printing plate for my Ohio State football PC. This one is my favorite though Smile

Thanks for looking!

RE: MJ maildays! new add 1/1 style w/ scan 8-6!
sweet 1/1!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: MJ maildays! new add 1/1 style w/ scan 8-6!
A 1/1 is always a 1/1. Great pick up.
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.