`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Went to a Signing @ the LCS 1/5/13

We Went to a Signing @ the LCS 1/5/13
The LCS had a baseball signing on January 5th, 2013, which included Oakland A's Chris Carter and Tampa Bay Rays prospect Jake Hager. Autographs were $10 if you brought your own item, otherwise you could get bats and balls signed for $25-40. We ended up buying a nice bat at a Big 5 sporting goods store with a Derek Jeter facsimile autograph on it for Chris Carter to sign. The LCS had black baseballs for sale on the day of the signing for $30, which included the $10 fee for the autograph, so we did that for Jake Hager. If you wanted inscriptions it was an extra $3. We joked in December with the LCS about bringing in Roomba vacuum cleaners and weird stuff for them to sign lol.

We got to the LCS a little early to hang out and be the first in line for autographs. The signing was only from 1-2PM and Jake must have showed up before 12:00PM, while Chris Carter showed up at 12:50PM. When we asked Chris Carter to sign the Jeter bat, he said "oh no way," but after we told him to inscribe "Yankee Killer," he was totally down with it. Jake Hager inscribed "1st Round 2011."

Chris Carter "Yankee Killer"
[Image: DSCN0086.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0087.jpg]

Jake Hager Black Baseball "1st Round 2011"
[Image: DSCN0090.jpg]

It was really cool to meet these two players. They both seemed kinda shy, but that's better than being cocky.

[Image: 20130105_130957.jpg]

[Image: 20130105_131027.jpg]
KrissyNBrandon

RE: We Went to a Signing @ the LCS 1/5/13
cool stuff! i met hager at a game last summer, he seemed like a nice young man. he signed for a bunch of people and was very polite. i wish somewhere around me would do signings like this.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Nice autos! Sounds like you had fun!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Where was this at?

I'm glad you enjoyed! I love getting auto's!
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

In person autos are very exciting to get. A formal signing doesn't always seem to be the most comfortable time for the players. I really enjoy getting them at games in their environment. Plus sometimes you can get some really good convo or even just one liners from these guys.