`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty good luck...or was it?

Pretty good luck...or was it?
So yesterday was a good day for me in terms of pulls. I picked up 4 '12 Bowman Draft packs (the smaller size, not the jumbos) and pulled a few decent cards including a Richie Shaffer Blue Ref Auto redemption card. Later, my friend had to go do some shopping at Walmart, so I asked her to pick me up some of the '12 Bowman Platinum or Topps Chrome hangers that have been marked down to $5.98. She came back with 2 of the BP hangers.

I'm not sure I could have been luckier myself in selecting 2 hangers. Out of the 6 packs and 2 bonus Purple Ref packs, here are a few of the highlights.

(The Hosmer and Hamilton are PCs)

[Image: IMG_0026_zps6386455c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0027_zps304c9e69.jpg]

But the real gem is this:

[Image: IMG_0028_zpsf5f07043.jpg]

I was pretty pumped at first when I saw who/what it was. But upon closer inspection...do you all see the bad cut?

Along with many of you, I've pulled some pretty bad cuts before. But they've never been of the value this one carries. My question: How much does a bad cut like this affect the value? Or does it at all? The card is basically perfect on the edges and corners...the only issue is the cut.

Thanks all for the opinions and for taking a look/read. Have a great weekend all!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Pretty good luck...or was it?
Send it to topps
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

To me the card wouldn't be worth all that much as miscuts arent errors they are just a really off centered card. I recently sent in a bunch of 2012 Bowman base to Topps that were horribly cut and they replaced every card. I would recommend you do the same. But I would call them first with that being a parallel I don't know how they would treat it.
(01-18-2013, 02:27 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: So yesterday was a good day for me in terms of pulls. I picked up 4 '12 Bowman Draft packs (the smaller size, not the jumbos) and pulled a few decent cards including a Richie Shaffer Blue Ref Auto redemption card. Later, my friend had to go do some shopping at Walmart, so I asked her to pick me up some of the '12 Bowman Platinum or Topps Chrome hangers that have been marked down to $5.98. She came back with 2 of the BP hangers.

I'm not sure I could have been luckier myself in selecting 2 hangers. Out of the 6 packs and 2 bonus Purple Ref packs, here are a few of the highlights.

(The Hosmer and Hamilton are PCs)

[Image: IMG_0026_zps6386455c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0027_zps304c9e69.jpg]

But the real gem is this:

[Image: IMG_0028_zpsf5f07043.jpg]

I was pretty pumped at first when I saw who/what it was. But upon closer inspection...do you all see the bad cut?

Along with many of you, I've pulled some pretty bad cuts before. But they've never been of the value this one carries. My question: How much does a bad cut like this affect the value? Or does it at all? The card is basically perfect on the edges and corners...the only issue is the cut.

Thanks all for the opinions and for taking a look/read. Have a great weekend all!

it is a 1/1!!!!
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

capncush, joba the clark,

Thank you for the info, I didn't realize this was an option. I will call, joba, to double check. I've a few other 2012 cards from the Topps company that may fit into this category too.

Good stuff! Thanks guys!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

I always liked the odd ball myself, I say keep it
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(01-18-2013, 03:01 PM)elberson Wrote: I always liked the odd ball myself, I say keep it
Speaking of oddball, this one was so bad, there was actually another (different) Cutting Edge Star insert stuck to the back...upping the pack total from 4 to 5.

[Image: IMG_0029_zps3d8374d7.jpg][Image: IMG_0030_zps1096cf4c.jpg]

Yea contact them, that would kill the value.

Yeah contact Topps, but otherwise great pulls.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Whoa, those are two of the worst cuts I've seen since I've been back to collecting. I was wondering what those blue squares where, lol.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**