`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
NBA 50 Greatest PC 48/50

NBA 50 Greatest PC 48/50
I have decided to make a running thread on my NBA 50 greatest player autographs. I will be working on this PC till it’s complete. The hardest ones are going to be pricey… Wilt Chamberlin, Pistol Pete, and Barkley are going to be some of the hard ones.

Six of these I had before starting this PC. I will throw those in here as well. I hope to have this thread complete with 50 pictures of the NBA greats by the end of this year.

The six I had before starting this pc.

[Image: DSC_0038.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0036.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0037.jpg]

These ones came a few weeks ago.
[Image: DSC_0004.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0009.jpg]

And now todays Mail day.

[Image: DSC_0031.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0028.jpg]

How long do you think this will take to complete?

Thanks for looking!
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: NBA 50 Greatest PC
It can be done fairly quickly but I recommend taking your time and try to enjoy searching out specific cards that you want of each player (rather than settling for low-end cards). After all, once you've completed the Top 50, you'll probably start to upgrade your collection, e.g. seeking out the nicest card possible for each player. At least, that's what I and a number of other collectors did.

The Wilt and Maravich are certainly costly, but they'll be two of the centre-pieces of your collection.

Best of luck with your project. It'll be a lot of fun!

(01-18-2013, 01:58 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: I have decided to make a running thread on my NBA 50 greatest player autographs. I will be working on this PC till it’s complete. The hardest ones are going to be pricey… Wilt Chamberlin, Pistol Pete, and Barkley are going to be some of the hard ones.

How long do you think this will take to complete?

Thanks for looking!
Beautiful pieces man! Is it your intention to have each one graded and is a 10 grade on the auto going to be a requirement?

Nice stuff man! I attempted this at one point and got 38/50. I decided to not complete this set as I had no connection to most of the players. Something I would like to try again though as it would be nice to have an auto of Larry Bird, Magic, Shaq, etc. Nice stuff!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

my dad started this around 2001-2002. it took him 2 years to complete and the hardest ones for him were Maravich, Parish, Pippen, Barkley and Hakeem. Obviously it was a little harder 10 years ago but it's a fun project to do. Good luck with your search. Are you going to put it in one large frame or display case?

Great task and great cards.Good luck on the search and can't wait to see the rest.

I was thinking of going after the 50 greatest RC collection but we'll see...eventually...

Wish i could contribute, but currently looking att bengu's BGS 9 MJ rookie..

Great looking auto'$

I have these you could add to your PC

[Image: scan0019.jpg]

[Image: scan0011.jpg]

[Image: scan0012.jpg]
On a side note, I am wondering about when or how often they vote on this list. There is no doubt all these guys are great players, but when does, Kobe, Dirk, KG, Lebron and some of the other great talent start to get consideration for this list?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I think that they did the top 50 at the fifty year anniversary of the nba. Given that it will either be a revolving top 50 or they will make the top 50 the top 75 or 100 and so on.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

[Image: DSC_0036.jpg]

I have mentioned this several times in other posts about how card companies screw up cards. Take for instance this shaq card. It is supposed to be a Remembering Rookies card and they have him in a Lakers Uniform. Still a nice card, but use your head Bowman.

ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade