`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LCS Pack Wars... FB 2012 Topps Chrome Round

LCS Pack Wars... FB 2012 Topps Chrome Round
The LCS had a pack war party on January 12th. It finally came to the round of 2012 Topps Chrome football. An entire case got distributed out, some people buying a whole box and most people buying a few packs. I ended up with 6 packs. Someone hits a Luck Pink Refractor auto another person hits an RG3 auto throwback card. I pulled this out and did not see the serial number until I took a second look at the card.

RG3 Red Zone Rookies Gold Parallel #15/25
[Image: DSCN0096.jpg]

I was totally stoked after reading that the odds are 1:3200!! I have never sent in a card to be graded and this is definitely one that I want to submit.
KrissyNBrandon

RE: LCS Pack Wars... FB 2012 Topps Chrome Round
Excellent pull! I pulled a Russell Wilson of the same card out of a blaster and flipped it the next day for $55 and ive regretted selling it ever since! Hold on to that one, its a keeper!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Very cool!!! Nice hit for 6 packs!

Just curious as to what a pack war is?
Always willing to trade for Dwyane Wade/Alonzo Mourning Cards

(01-18-2013, 02:22 AM)ndevoy Wrote: Very cool!!! Nice hit for 6 packs!

Just curious as to what a pack war is?
Everyone registers and buys a certain amount of packs. Once packs are purchased, you open them up. Once all your cards are open, the store announces "Who has card #55?" (tallest player? heaviest player? most touchdowns? birthday closest to?) or something of that nature. People raise their hands and if it's more than one, they continue on until one person is left. That one person gets prizes for winning that round. Also, if you open your packs and get colored refractors, autographs, GU cards or whatever is announced, you get prizes. You also can get raffle tickets to win bigger prizes at the end. They do it about 3-4 times a year and it's really fun.
KrissyNBrandon

(01-18-2013, 02:35 AM)krissynbrandon Wrote: Everyone registers and buys a certain amount of packs. Once packs are purchased, you open them up. Once all your cards are open, the store announces "Who has card #55?" (tallest player? heaviest player? most touchdowns? birthday closest to?) or something of that nature. People raise their hands and if it's more than one, they continue on until one person is left. That one person gets prizes for winning that round. Also, if you open your packs and get colored refractors, autographs, GU cards or whatever is announced, you get prizes. You also can get raffle tickets to win bigger prizes at the end. They do it about 3-4 times a year and it's really fun.
Man, I wish they had pack wars like that out here.

At my LCS, it's the same idea, but whoever wins gets the other guy's cards, too.

It's usually by the box, so you basically have a 50-50 chance of either getting half a box for free or going home with nothing.

ive only done them twice, and it was at 3 day show that came and went a couple months ago, i wish the LCS's around here would do these, they are fun.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

(01-18-2013, 03:06 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Man, I wish they had pack wars like that out here.

At my LCS, it's the same idea, but whoever wins gets the other guy's cards, too.

It's usually by the box, so you basically have a 50-50 chance of either getting half a box for free or going home with nothing.
That's the way our LCS does. I won't take part in it. If they gave out prizes or something of that nature and you didn't have to give up your cards you had just spent your hard-earned money on, I'd probably take part in more of them.

Congrats! Sweet card!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics