`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Can they add a college alumni search...

RE: Can they add a college alumni search...
(01-17-2013, 11:45 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Well if there are millions of cards and only a handful of beckett employees handling things there will never be a chance for cards to be inputted correctly. I know if I were a fan of the Red Sox Id like for you to be able to help with properly adding Sox cards to the org.
like i said, im not against the idea, but just dont think there is a practical and/or safe way to do it.

also, just a question: college cards from companies without college licenses (like sage now)...should that get tagged or no?

Just go on espn, in the draft history section, and you can limit it by college and get one complete list of all players drafted from any particular college. Then you'll at least have a list.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(01-17-2013, 11:54 AM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Just go on espn, in the draft history section, and you can limit it by college and get one complete list of all players drafted from any particular college. Then you'll at least have a list.
Well I'd be willing to do the Gators, but the problem is that there are tons of undrafted players that would have to be found.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

This is what I did many years ago when I first began to compile my own personal college alumni list:

Beckett used to print an annual smaller football card alphabetical checklist book. In the very back of these books it lists all the colleges and underneath the players featured on cards who played for those respective schools. The last alphabetical checklist book I purchased was #4, and it contained everything listed from 2000 and earlier. There may be some new or used being sold on online auction or book selling sites right now and for all I know Beckett may have printed other editions since.

From there what I would do is go on a site like Wikipedia and look up some past individual draft lists and write down all the players drafted since 2001 (in this case) by teams from the college I was interested in collecting. I then would look up each player in the database and note which ones are featured on at least one card. There may be still some undrafted free agents that I did not previously know about, however, so I would do a quick scan of all the RC from all the major sets since 2001 (again as in this case) and look up the schools they played for as well. For local individual NFL team or XFL, USFL, etc sets I would do the same thing except I would not only just look up rookies. You should be able to compile a very solid list by following these procedures.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]