`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: definition of a bad night - sniped on 106 auctions in a 5 minute span

OT: definition of a bad night - sniped on 106 auctions in a 5 minute span
So i was waiting to bid on a number of auctions from a major seller tonight. all the cards i was interested in were at about 3-4 dollars each, and i was willing to go to about 7 or 8, depending on the players. I snipe bid manually with 2 seconds each one...and every time, with 1 second left, someone using a snipe program beat me on every single one

5 minutes
106 auctions
zero wins
lost by 50 cents on almost every single one (which probably means the sniper was bidding at least a dollar more than me)

i went from thinking i filled a huge hole in my inventory for a couple months to being in scramble mode

**shakes fist**
**bangs head against wall**

RE: OT: definition of a bad night - sniped on 106 auctions in a minute span
Drives me crazy when i get sniped but on that many is crazy!!

RE: OT: definition of a bad night - sniped on 106 auctions in a minute span
I almost got snipped by some guy the other night on a '58 topps hank aaron (the one with mickey). I won the bid by 23 cents. First time I actually won a card without having to bid at the last second.
[Image: Ry9TZ.png]
Photobucket: http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/german...n/library/
Current Projects:
2013 Bowman Inception Prospect set 46/47
2013 Tribute Base

RE: OT: definition of a bad night - sniped on 106 auctions in a 5 minute span
(01-16-2013, 09:11 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: So i was waiting to bid on a number of auctions from a major seller tonight. all the cards i was interested in were at about 3-4 dollars each, and i was willing to go to about 7 or 8, depending on the players. I snipe bid manually with 2 seconds each one...and every time, with 1 second left, someone using a snipe program beat me on every single one

5 minutes
106 auctions
zero wins
lost by 50 cents on almost every single one (which probably means the sniper was bidding at least a dollar more than me)

i went from thinking i filled a huge hole in my inventory for a couple months to being in scramble mode

**shakes fist**
Sounds like you didn't put the max you would pay. Whenever I set my snipe that's what I do. If I lose I don't mind.....it's more than I'm willing to pay.

Got sniper on a signed Frank Thomas ball awhile back. Guy beat me by $.25....I was furious lol
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

All I will say is I hate snipe programs. I don't have extra money to buy snipes, unlike most collectors. So, I can't snipe. I just have to sit and watch and wait until the very end. Very, very frustrating.

(01-16-2013, 09:34 PM)pootshwan Wrote: Sounds like you didn't put the max you would pay. Whenever I set my snipe that's what I do. If I lose I don't mind.....it's more than I'm willing to pay.
i did put the max actually. 7 or 8 on each. more than that wouldnt have been cost efficient for me

(01-16-2013, 09:34 PM)pootshwan Wrote: Sounds like you didn't put the max you would pay. Whenever I set my snipe that's what I do. If I lose I don't mind.....it's more than I'm willing to pay.
+1 if its more then what you would pay its not sniping, its being outbid. and if its not more than what you would pay your gambling that you can get it less than its value to you. frustrating sure, but blaming a snipe program or a sniper sounds kinda ridiculous when it sounds like you were trying to snipe yourself.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(01-16-2013, 09:44 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: +1 if its more then what you would pay its not sniping, its being outbid. and if its not more than what you would pay your gambling that you can get it less than its value to you. frustrating sure, but blaming a snipe program or a sniper sounds kinda ridiculous when it sounds like you were trying to snipe yourself.
i was manually sniping. but i have always been of the opinion that using a sniping program may not be unethical or cheating, it is inherently unfair (and just plain ole lazy)

(01-16-2013, 09:11 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: So i was waiting to bid on a number of auctions from a major seller tonight. all the cards i was interested in were at about 3-4 dollars each, and i was willing to go to about 7 or 8, depending on the players. I snipe bid manually with 2 seconds each one...and every time, with 1 second left, someone using a snipe program beat me on every single one

5 minutes
106 auctions
zero wins

**shakes fist**
Wonder if you'll get a bunch of "second chance" offers.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*