`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No new NHL Rookie Cards this year

RE: No new NHL Rookie Cards this year
Ouch. I've got a dozen Artifacts and one Traded redemption from UD this year. I'd love to hear how they plan on handling those.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

I assume they will still offer them as a redemption after the player finally plays and qualifies. Basically they will still offer the card for redemption starting next year but they wont be considered rookies more of a Xrc. They may also offer some sort of exchange program for them.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

It sucks for this year, but next years sets will be very exciting with 2 years worth of rookies. Gonna kind of be like 05/06 after the year long lockout
Collecting all Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux
Flyers auto/gameused/serial-numbered/inserts
Phillies auto rookies and rookie quarterback autos!

As a store owner, this is brutal. No hockey decreased interest and product sales. We were at a show in windsor last Sunday and people were getting excited for the new products and this year's rookies. Momentum was building. And now no rookies?

WTF

For what it's worth, the double rookie class has actually been really cool in basketball.

After having a day to think it over let me give my take on the whole deal.

First, I am sad to see them do this but not surprised.

The amount of time it takes to get the majority of Rookie Cards produced and packed out is enormous. Most sets have autographed RC and to get those for 50-70 players like a lot of the products have takes from game one until you see the first ones in about 4 1/2 months or more-- longer if they are on card.

So using that time frame they would have been putting out a lot of product Really late-- talking May or later before we see even 1 and then probably a lot more redemptions.

By pushing then to next year they would be able to get a jump on the rookies who played this year in terms of getting Auto's from them for the really early products.

In terms of do PAnini and UD getting a brake on this years fees, maybe or maybe they get to spread the missing product over the rest of the years on their deal.

Still would like to know what UD plans are for the rest of this year.
Anyone heard?

I have Artifacts Rookie Redemptions coming out of my ying yang and it would sure be nice to have the "cards to be built after the start of the season" as UD says.

(01-17-2013, 11:53 PM)silverdaves Wrote: I have Artifacts Rookie Redemption coming out of my ying yang and it would sure be nice to have the "cards to be built after the start of the season" as UD says.
I had a bunch of last year's. Believe me, you'd be in for a wait even if the season started on time. They are BRUTAL with the Artifacts redemptions.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(01-18-2013, 12:09 AM)wickabee Wrote: I had a bunch of last year's. Believe me, you'd be in for a wait even if the season started on time. They are BRUTAL with the Artifacts redemptions.
Maybe a few personalized phone calls to UD might help and to stay on them like flies on sheeite.

(01-18-2013, 12:27 AM)silverdaves Wrote: Maybe a few personalized phone calls to UD might help and to stay on them like flies on sheeite.
Didn't work for me last year. Or anyone else, for that matter.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com