`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just heard that Panini Cancelled

RE: Just heard that Panini Cancelled
(01-16-2013, 04:23 PM)705-janveaux Wrote: Good to know something is up, lol might be time for a career change.... I would trade my rifle for a comfy spot at panini, it's not work when you love it.......hmmmmmmm "thinking print production assistant"

Pension vs hockey cards? I'm soooooo torn.
are you nuts?!?!?!? You can't work for Panini, you're efficient and actually care about what you're doing! Tongue You'd actually get stuff done! NOT ALLOWED AT PANINI!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(01-16-2013, 04:26 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: are you nuts?!?!?!? You can't work for Panini, you're efficient and actually care about what you're doing! Tongue You'd actually get stuff done! NOT ALLOWED AT PANINI!
Oppose to where I work now ? I mean really, Lol, lazy jobbers everywhere bro
on a serious note i think this could work in panini's favour given the product release quality, I personally have complete confidence in the companies ability to recover.
I literally just bought a case of this years product for my personally break this weekend and have that dual auto/patch shanny, hull redemption that i just got, so as you can see I'm putting my money where my mouth is....Smile

Ps that duals turned out to be Red Wings and not stlouis, huge score....

Jv

From what I'm understanding now is that it may be something the NHL and NHLPA asked the card companies to do. Look for UD to follow suit shortly I believe.

Oh and why would you need to speak Spanish for Panini, have you ever been to Dallas? Large Hispanic population there and I'm sure quit a few of their warehouse workers only speak Spanish.

Si hablo espanol!!!!

Edit this was just posted here on Beckett
http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/nhlp...-on-cards/
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

The reason is the NHLPA has restricted rookie cards this year to those who appeared between the 2012 All star game and the end of the 2012 Stanley Cup finals-- so basically all those we have already seen.

The cutoff for rookies to appear in the current years sets was the All Star game before which would has already passed by now.

So all this years rookies will not have anything till next year.
Kinda like last year with the NBA lockout.

But, on the bright side the early stuff for next year will be great when it usually is not.

2 rookie classes in 1 year like 2005-06 was, one of the best years ever.
And yes, Dave and Adams who I usually buy from has taken Titanium off of their presell list.

wadete='705-janveaux' pid='2195300' dateline='1358372675']

Oppose to where I work now ? I mean really, Lol, lazy jobbers everywhere bro
on a serious note i think this could work in panini's favour given the product release quality, I personally have complete confidence in the companies ability to recover.
I literally just bought a case of this years product for my personally break this weekend and have that dual auto/patch shanny, hull redemption that i just got, so as you can see I'm putting my money where my mouth is....Smile

Ps that duals turned out to be Red Wings and not stlouis, huge score....

Jv
[/quote]

Dont tease me
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I can't imagine why anyone is excited about two rookie classes in one year. Don't we all remember that those years were ripe with crappy rookies... 2 rookie classes means two times the amount of scrubs in the products. It would be one thing if there was a Crosby AND Ovechkin to chase, but we're not going to have that next year... so you still have the same chances of getting watered down rookies without the chance of hitting the lotto with a Sid or Ovie... the only good that could come of it is if, say UD limits YG's/SPFW's to 100 (like they currently do), then you'll get better bang for your buck in terms of RC's
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

We have been advised that the panini preorders are all "on hold" and have been advised by another source that limited will go and rookie anthology might (even though panini states it will).

This is not new - universal told us this weeks ago. The news about rookie cards was likely the last piece before they pulled the plug.

Sad really. They were getting some market share after prime was such a big hit.

I wonder if 13/14 score will be released in June....LOL

Sad 
No Dominion!? I'm glad hockey is back but this whole lockout thing was a bummer. I got back into collecting within the last year and Dominion (starting with 2010-11) instantly became my new favorite product line. Well, at least we'll be getting some Prime.

(01-17-2013, 08:37 PM)stadium sports cards Wrote: We have been advised that the panini preorders are all "on hold" and have been advised by another source that limited will go and rookie anthology might (even though panini states it will).

This is not new - universal told us this weeks ago. The news about rookie cards was likely the last piece before they pulled the plug.

Sad really. They were getting some market share after prime was such a big hit.

I wonder if 13/14 score will be released in June....LOL
Scott it is victory comes out in may... then score in june

but that really stinks as a few of the products i liked to watch
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Can a Panini rep come in here and explain why they are paying 13 bucks an hour to be a photo editor at a multi million dolar company? What a joke, that must be the reason their product prices are through the roof, keep the employees salaries competitive.