`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trading Is So Much Fun!

RE: Trading Is So Much Fun!
(01-17-2013, 12:40 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: mets fan? see doc gooden in your pic...wish i could have seen him pitch...unfortunately way before my time.
Hey Gherkin1496 ~ Yeah, I became a Mets fan in 1986 watching the World Series. They had so much energy and were really fun to watch. I've had the great opportunity to meet Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, Wally Backman, Ed Hearn, Rick Aguilera & Rick Anderson from that team. I actually own Gary Carter's Mets meeting attache and folder. Both signed by Gary Carter with his hologram attached. I was pretty bummed when Gary passed as he was one of my favorite players. Thanks for posting on the tread and I'll see if there is anything we can trade. Happy Collecting Smile
You saw the light when you are born, you step back in when you are gone ~ Volbeat (Everlasting)

(01-16-2013, 11:31 AM)bunk27 Wrote: Yeah, the asking price from the majority of these sellers is utterly absurd. In many cases they are asking over book value. I don't know how they stay in business.
I politely let them know they are over charging when I decline my counteroffers.

Feel free to check my org for a trade.
Hello,

I found some cards that interest me in your org. Let me know if I have anything we can trade for. Offer Sent!

You saw the light when you are born, you step back in when you are gone ~ Volbeat (Everlasting)

(01-16-2013, 11:31 AM)bunk27 Wrote: Yeah, the asking price from the majority of these sellers is utterly absurd. In many cases they are asking over book value. I don't know how they stay in business.
I politely let them know they are over charging when I decline my counteroffers.

Feel free to check my org for a trade.
Politely? Smile
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

Bump! Just love collecting and am having so much fun with this. Thanks to all who have traded with me so far and look forward to trading with many more.

(01-16-2013, 10:22 PM)imagine024 Wrote: Kudos nikstr65...God Bless!
+34
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I used to trade a lot in the old AOL days when everyone would hit the chat rooms and shout out what they wanted or what they had and it was just a big (silent) open market. I definitely forgot how fun it was, and I've certainly gotten some better deals thru trades than buying. Now when I go to eBay, 2/3 of the stuff I would have bought I say "nah, I'll find someone to trade it..." And it's only been about two months for me too.

I was at my dad's house a week or two ago for dinner and I said, "I'm getting back into baseball cards." He quite literally went a bit pale and said, "Don't do that!!!"
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(03-04-2013, 08:07 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: +34
Thanks Nolan5000! God Bless you too brother Smile

(03-04-2013, 08:09 AM)tate31nym Wrote: I used to trade a lot in the old AOL days when everyone would hit the chat rooms and shout out what they wanted or what they had and it was just a big (silent) open market. I definitely forgot how fun it was, and I've certainly gotten some better deals thru trades than buying. Now when I go to eBay, 2/3 of the stuff I would have bought I say "nah, I'll find someone to trade it..." And it's only been about two months for me too.

I was at my dad's house a week or two ago for dinner and I said, "I'm getting back into baseball cards." He quite literally went a bit pale and said, "Don't do that!!!"
That is so true! I've almost quit collecting more times than I could count on my fingers and toes. Somehow someone always changes my mind and reminds me that there are still decent people out their that collect cards that aren't out to rip you off. Trading just takes me back to when I was a teenager and even though we don't get to meet face to face it still has that feel. Thanks for sharing Smile

Just over a year now trading with Beckett and having more fun then ever. What a great hobby we have!

I love trading here too! It's a great way to build a collection while getting rid of the things you don't necessarily need/want. I can;t tell you how invaluable this site has been to my collection. In 4 years I've done over 1000 trades (on my 3rd box of bubble mailers!) and I've connected with quite a few people that share similar collecting habits. The hobby is great when it's a hobby, if I was in it for money I don;t think I could enjoy it.
Good Luck with your collection, and, oh yeeah, the '86 World Series sucked! j/k
Pete
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I hear ya.. Trading is great. I stay away from buying/selling unless its packs from my LCS. Its a nice relaxing way to enjoy the hobby as it should be.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.