`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Triple Threads White Whale Damage. Need opinions.

RE: Triple Threads White Whale Damage. Need opinions.
(01-16-2013, 12:36 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I have a white whale also and mine has not done that yet. Did you just pull it that way or have you had it a while and it just popped up?
I just bought it. Got a good deal on it

Put it in a one touch or screw down f the right size and it might help move it back into place. Other then that I would call topps. Glue isn't the way to go.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Ive had cards that i had to glue before, and they have always come out fine. I've also used different types of glue, without any problems. Alot of the older patch cards were prone to being to thin and the patch to thick, causing the card to separate.The cards ive done are older cards, from the mid 2000's, so calling the company isnt an option. I dont really think it's altering it, as they do the same exact thing at Topps, or any other card company with the glue. All my cards are for my PC though so as for re-selling, it's ok. U dont use alot of glue and have a barely damp cloth, or paper towel to wipe off any excess glue when you squeeze the sides together. Use a book, or the correct size 1-touch magnetic case to hold it tight.

Here's the problem with the cards nowadays...I don't think that the cardstock they use will last. While you can make a cardstock that is essentially one piece, the fact that the companies incorporate things like jerseys, patches, and autographs within the card tells me that they are using a layered cardstock. At some point in time the adhesive they used will dry up...case in point, your card. The top layer is coming up. I've seen this before...in fact I pulled one from this year's topps triple threads too. I just pushed it down though and it seemed to stick...for now. But it brings up a problem for all of cards that are being manufactured today.

I got the card today and honestly couldn't even tell that the plate was lifting up. It appears perfectly intact.

[Image: IMG_20130119_172540.jpg]

(01-16-2013, 07:29 PM)Krangry Wrote: Put it in a one touch or screw down f the right size and it might help move it back into place. Other then that I would call topps. Glue isn't the way to go.
These are my exactly my thoughts. As long as you contain the spredding it won't come apart any more.

(01-19-2013, 06:30 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: These are my exactly my thoughts. As long as you contain the spredding it won't come apart any more.
It's in a penny sleeve and top loader until I get a one touch for it.

I think I've solved it. I'm gonna get is slabbed or graded

Good idea.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-15-2013, 10:22 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: Duct Tape works too, right?

(01-15-2013, 10:28 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: I was trying to be sarcastic lol. Doesn't translate over the internet haha
Hey Nate,

I got the joke right off. I thought that it was pretty funny!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!