`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
KC People

RE: KC People
(01-15-2013, 08:23 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: i wish the mets had a fanfest. sounds like so much fun
I thought every team had one. It shocks me that the Mets--being in the nation's biggest market--do not. The Tigers fan fest is next week. It's long sold out. The Tigers also do a caravan around the state of Michigan (leading up to fan fest) where they visit different cities and go to schools, restaurants, hotels, etc. In two weeks, I'm going to the Detroit Baseball Society dinner.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(01-15-2013, 10:09 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I thought every team had one. It shocks me that the Mets--being in the nation's biggest market--do not. The Tigers fan fest is next week. It's long sold out. The Tigers also do a caravan around the state of Michigan (leading up to fan fest) where they visit different cities and go to schools, restaurants, hotels, etc. In two weeks, I'm going to the Detroit Baseball Society dinner.
The Royals do the caravan thing too. They have 4 different caravans, with different people in each. I didn't know they could sell out fanfest tickets. I just purchased mine, so I'm safe.

It's free in San Diego, but the vouchers go fast.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-15-2013, 10:09 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I thought every team had one. It shocks me that the Mets--being in the nation's biggest market--do not. The Tigers fan fest is next week. It's long sold out. The Tigers also do a caravan around the state of Michigan (leading up to fan fest) where they visit different cities and go to schools, restaurants, hotels, etc. In two weeks, I'm going to the Detroit Baseball Society dinner.
I hadn't heard of it before this site, but i checked on the internet and saw nothing...and i never hear anything about it

Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

I would if I wasn't away on business Sad

(01-15-2013, 08:56 PM)thepozr Wrote: Ok, thanks homer. Last question, do they only have a few auto sessions going at a time?
Since they cramming it all into one day I assume there will be overlap. In the past there has been some slight overlap. You could in theory grab them all, but depending on the players the line would be too long. They also haven't posted the names so it can be hit or miss.

I go with low expectations and have been generally pretty happy -
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

They have changed FanFest this year so it is all during one day as previously mentioned.
They said they are trying to better accomodate the push for autographs this year, but they are putting out conflicting information in my opinion.

"All of them are going to be signing that one day, and it's going to be four continuous autograph booths from the time we open at 9 o'clock for season-ticket holders right through 6 o'clock." - Toby Cook, Royals PR Dept

Then the fanfest website says...
"At the 2013 Royals FanFest, fans will have plenty of opportunities to meet current and former Royals players by visiting the many Sprint autograph stages scheduled throughout the event.
Autographs will be on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 150 fans for each session. No photographs with participants will be allowed during the autograph sessions, and fans will be limited to ONE item per participant."

If it's only 150 fans per session, it will make it tough.

Then in typical "it's for the fans... (but really so we can make money)" fashion, they Royals are offering an 'Autograph Fast Pass Auction'.

"Each Autograph Fast Pass allows the holder to move to the front of an autograph line during the day of the event. The pass will be limited to only the holder - no friends or family members can accompany the holder in the autograph line. Passes are not valid for admission to the event. A limited number of passes will be sold for Saturday with a starting bid of $75."

Although they haven't yet released the schedule of who is signing during which session, they have released the names of most of those who will be signing autos.

"Twenty current players, including new pitchers James Shields, Ervin Santana and Wade Davis..."
"more than 15 Royals alumni, including George Brett, Kevin Appier and Willie Wilson."
"Designated hitter Billy Butler, closer Greg Holland, and shortstop Alcides Escobar... and left fielder Alex Gordon."

And a possible answer as to who the other players will be, I'd assume those doing the Caravan, before and after the event will be there.

That includes:
"pitchers Aaron Crow, Everett Teaford, first baseman Eric Hosmer and Willie Wilson."
"... Butler, Holland, second baseman Johnny Giavotella and alum John Mayberry."
"pitchers Bruce Chen, Danny Duffy and Will Smith, along with alum Dennis Leonard..."
"...pitcher Jeremy Guthrie will join Brett and fellow alum Jeff Montgomery"

Keep your eye on royals.com/fanfest for details, although they say they will not release the full schedule until the start of FanFest.