`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hobby for all ages!

RE: Hobby for all ages!
i'll be 33 in 3 weeks! Started when i was 5 as my dad got me some classic wentworths. It was the set that i still have but have completly de-valued them by handling them only as a 5 year old would. Then i got some '86 topps and lost a bunch of them playing some flip card game in 1st grade..'87 was when i got the box set and a slew of loose packs. Playing stick ball, we would shuffle the cards and flip to see "who was up". So if I pulled a pete rose card, I would crouch low like he did and swing away. Or, someone like Jack Clarke with a tall stance and so on. My favorite was George Bell because he had like 40+ home runs that season and I swang for the fences hahaha (hit one of the co-ops and its an auto HR). Those, my fellow collectors, were good times.

Now, I still do it for fun as I only build one set a year (topps, heritage, chrome, whatever is interesting) and get a pack or two a week from my LCS. I'll never buy or trade high end, and I could care less if Bro A buys 5 cases of this product and so on and so forth. Thats not my style. Still akid at heart and will remain that way as this is a relaxing hobby then, and now and always.

- Rob
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

30 here started when I was ten then started back up two years ago and I'm hooked
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

26 .... I believe started collecting around 96 and was into more football at the time. As i got older and backed more away from football and love for baseball came about. Now solely collect Yankees and have some non Yankee items in my PC which mainly consist of GU Items or IP autos.

I am 42. I have been collecting off and on since I was 8 years old. My dad started me into collecting when he would buy cases of 80's Fleer, Donruss and Topps and help me make sets. I have sets from 80-84 stopped around 86 and picked up a 1993 Sp box and made the set with Jeter. Today I collect alot of prospects and have pulled about 6 superfractors. I will post soon my best cards as I want to add to that thread. Recently started trading and hope to possible get a 2012 or 2011 bowman draft or chrome set together.

I am 38 started collecting in 1989 never stopped collecting after I got started
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I'm almost 34 and started collecting in October of 2011. Kinda started by accident. Just about had a heart attack the other day when I found my credit card statements from last year and saw how much money I spent on baseball cards!! *lol*

I'm 24 and my dad has always been huge in to collecting so I started at the ripe old age of 5 in 1993. I currently collect Jamaal Charles, Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Stephen Strasbourg and Buster Posey. Favorite baseball team is the dodgers
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

44 years old been collecting since 1976 first pack ever i pulled Tom Seaver & Pete Rose i was hooked.

I'm 53 and started collecting in 1970. I spent all my allowance on 5 cent packs of Topps baseball cards, swapped with my friends and put the entire set together.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

29 been collecting for 15 years but didnt really have a direction until about a year ago on what to collect